Pittsburgh, PA

You know, everyone #####es about the amount of negativity (ESPECIALLY directed towards the Cadets), then you ##### when there's no negativity!  Talk about no-win situation.

So what if people jumped on the bandwagon?  Or that the haters shut up and the lovers came out of play?  Of course there are going to be bandwagon-jumpers when a corps takes down a dynasty.  The Cadets, despite their illustrious history, are recent underdogs compared to the Cavaliers.  You, Mr. Boo, as a face/voice of DCI, should be happy the haters have shut up.

Well put.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure she saw them live in Orlando and got called to task for her opinion of them then as well.

I'm tired of the nitpicking and it's not even directed at me! :blink:

Yes Patrick I did see them in Orlando, and ever since I stated my opinion on their corps I have been tarred and feathered by the borgs on here who seem to only look at what I say regarding the Cadets show. Yes I have been getting lambasted ever since. I even gave a review and of course was lambasted for it too. I guess you have to like every show out there...uh? :blink: :sshh:

I saw the show in Orlando, and also heard an APD of their show from somewhere Not sure because it was a gift to me as I've already stated. As some have been harassing me and putting me in this category claiming I have nothing positive to say, which is not true at all. But if they want to...go right ahead. I'm tired of fighting with them.

But thanks for saying this I appreciate it.

Oh and just for those who think I'm a cadet hater because I don't like this show...if they win, I really don't care because winning is not that big of a thing to me in DCI. More power to them. It still doesn't make my opinion change one way or another....Some of my favorite shows in DCI have been 6th place shows or 12th place shows.

So if you think gloating to me about it is gonna matter, don't waste your time. :)

As I stated before Matt, I didn't know what show it was for sure, why are y'all hung up on that? I have the CD, it is on there. It could've been San Antonio, don't know for sure, because it was given to me as a gift for the SCV show. If you want I can ask the person who did it and get back with you on it.

Honestly, it's not important where the recording is from. And I'm certainly not questioning you when you say that you heard some fuzz. I believe it. All I'm saying is that I didn't hear any in indy, which leads me to believe that the problem either 1) has now been fixed, or 2) is a problem of the recording process and not of the Cadets actual performance. Either way, I think fuzz on a midseason recording is a poor reason to have for not liking a show. Saying you don't like the music - as long as you acknowledge that it is there - is a much better reason. :)

Exactly, Matt. I think just as much, Steph was called to task by continually stating she and her husband were "professionals". They may be qualified to make an informed statement on audio, but stating you are a professional just won't cut it.

Again, Steph was not harrassed. Its all good. I think it is obvious how she feels and why she feels that way.

Exactly, Matt.  I think just as much, Steph was called to task by continually stating she and her husband were "professionals". They may be qualified to make an informed statement on audio, but stating you are a professional just won't cut it. 

but... they are professionals :blink:

~>conner

Yes, they are. But you can't go around just saying "I am a professional" without further explanation and expecting people to take you at your word.

Are you steph's bouncer?

I don't know why you insist on thinking you know why I feel a certain way when you don't know a thing about me, only from what I type on here are you making any assumptions. So don't think just because I feel a certain way about amps or narration is why I do or don't like something. Please, don't "assume" anything about me.

And it has been stated here by others in other audio APD's that there are some issues going on in the show. And I don't know if they are professionals or not, But they caught it. And sometimes what you don't hear live may not let you notice it, but on the recording it will be there.

Anyway this topic has been way off for quite some time now...so leave it alone and leave me alone.

Amps are only 2 years old and there are alot of other shows throughout drum corps history that I don't like either.