Pittsburgh, PA

Don't get mad because you were asked about your professional career.  You made a claim about a recording (which it seems you and your husband are alone on) and claimed to be a professional.  You shouldn't be surprised you were called on it.

Secondly, again, you did not say you did not like the music.  You said there was no music in the show aside from the ballad.  It went from opinion to dig

Now you're going from opinion to harassing me because I don't like a Cadets show, now please leave me be on this, it was not a dig. You can take it as that, but it is not. It is on there, if you can't hear it, sometimes recordings pick up things that live sound does not. If you don't have this particular APD you may not have heard it. But my husband and I have...I am really not caring whether y'all believe us or not, especially if you don't have this particular recording.

I am not surprised I'm called on it, I'm surprised I'm being continually harassed for my opinion about a show, and sick of it. I don't like the show, it has nothing to do with my stance on amps, I just don't like it...now please leave me alone.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Steph on this one.

quit harassing her because of her opinion on the Cadets show.

I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY! And I am not against amps.

~>conner

And I still have the right to not like this Cadets show.....don't I?

Of course you have the absolute right not to like the music they put on the field, or any other aspect for that matter. But to claim that there is "no music" in the show is ridiculous.

Now you're going from opinion to harassing me because I don't like a Cadets show, now please leave me be on this, it was not a dig. You can take it as that, but it is not. It is on there, if you can't hear it, sometimes recordings pick up things that live sound does not. If you don't have this particular APD you may not have heard it. But my husband and I have...I am really not caring whether y'all believe us or not, especially if you don't have this particular recording.

I am not surprised I'm called on it, I'm surprised I'm being continually harassed for my opinion about a show, and sick of it. I don't like the show, it has nothing to do with my stance on amps, I just don't like it...now please leave me alone.

Good grief. . .no one has harrassed you. You made statements, people called you on them and asked you to back some things up. Its how things work sometimes.

Moving on. . .

Some people think atonal is music others do not.... What is and isn't music certainly can be based in opinion. Therefore, Steph saying there is no music in that show except the ballad is an acceptable opinion, not a statement of fact that requires people to call on her for back-up information. Maybe she could have worded it different, said that she doesn't see the GE value that the judges do (you know something about that TX ;), but jeez, are we THAT nit-picky around here?! People continually calling her to task for her OPINION is harrassment.

I also want to state that there is some amp fuzz in the Cadets APDs, a whole heck of a lot in the Orlando version and a little bit in the San Antonio version. I am not an audiophile and I heard it. I don't know if it was a product of the amps or a product of the recording, all I know is that it was horrible live in Toledo (and similarly horrible on the Orlando APD) and it wasn't as noticeable live in Indy. Hopefully they have solved their problems with amplification.

What we're dealing with here is simple human nature. The "superfans" tend to not see/hear the little things because they are blinded by their support of their corps and the "haters" see/hear things that don't really exist so that they can support their predetermined mindset. We're all guilty of doing it.... just take everyone's observations with a grain of salt. Afterall, does John/Jane Doe have to like a show in order for you to like it?

Edited by Machine

First off I would not judge any drum corps show soley on what I heard from APDs, or any other type of audio file. Secondly, it is my professional opinion that the Cadets show is brilliant and contains all kinds of music, melody, dissonance, and effects. But that would be a positive comment about a corps. And for you regulary scheduled negative programming. :)

Oh, by the way, I do think it's ok to complain. I do it too. But to those of you who do it all the time, or perhaps 90% of the time, I just hope that someday drum corps will be good enough for you. If not, that's really too bad and we will miss you...and so will the members of those corps who are working their butts off to please you. What are the chances that they can always do that?

Jonathan

Another example.... maybe you can order one of those buttons from the other yahoo.

"anybody but corps x"

If the cadets are better, then they deserve to be there, bottom line... but don't say "dang it's about time"...

I would dare you to go up to any member of "corps x" and say they don't deserve to be there.... because YOU thought it was "boring".

Do you know what these kids DO all summer?  Maybe you should try it once.

How bout you f*** off pal. Im not saying it is about time, but I love that fresh face is up there for 00's, It's been a while since anybody but Cavies and BD have been at the top, and what can I say, I like change. And don't put words in mouth saying they don't deserve to be there, if corps 2-12 are better than I would hope they would be placed as #1. You misentrepreted everything I had to say and slammed me down for it, maybe you should read things more than once before you go off and get upset about someone elses opinion. I respect every single kid from every single corps for going out there and giving it there all, so once again dont you dare try to tell me I'm disrespecting any of the kids.

First off I would not judge any drum corps show soley on what I heard from APDs, or any other type of audio file.

I'm pretty sure she saw them live in Orlando and got called to task for her opinion of them then as well.

I'm tired of the nitpicking and it's not even directed at me! :blink:

Mike I was wondering the same thing....I guess the new thing now is to hate the Cavaliers because they win so much and it has become 'boring'...go figure...  :blink:

I love how all the Cavaliers fans and alumni automatically assume I'm putting them down, then becoming "oh so" defensive... For future reference I was talking about both the Blue Devils and The Cavaliers.. We havent seen anybody else but them two at the top for quite a while... I am in no way putting the Cavaliers down, James Bond last year rocked... but I must say I am not a huge fan of there show, and it looked like for most of the season they were gonna take it all again, and Id rather see Cadets win because I like there show more this year. I like change, what can I say?? :)