DCI Season Pass

To reply and close out this argument:

1) I'm glad it's fine with you that I'm satisfied with their service.

2) I do donate extra money to help resolve problems in other parts of the world.

3) In an earlier post, I said that you have the right to complain. No one can take that right from you, so there.

4) I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, based on my satisfaction of their past service. I have the patience to do that.

5) I did not attack you...boy aren't we sensitive...

So YOU have decided to " close out the argument ". Ok. Bye.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ta ta. :)

The Allentown reports from Friday are available on the DCI Season Pass.

Edited by jaylogan

Oh - that's right - probably the person at DCI office wanted to go home for the day.  Again - not cutting it - one of the biggest events of the year and you need to deliver on the promise to your customer base.

Then they go back to the hotel and I guess either grab a beer or head to bed.  Not impressed by the fact that they didn't upload anything last night prior to hitting the hay.  SOMETHING should have been posted prior to that. 

Head home? Grab a beer? How utterly classless... <**>

Allentown blackout is not cool, given that the service is promosed as a live feed. I am willing to give DCI the benefit of the doubt, recognizing its a non-profit org feeling its way into a new era of a live internet service, but quality has got to imrpove to better standards or you are going to lose customers. I'm more patient than most, I'm sticking it out, but I hear alot of angry voices here, its not pretty.

I was ready to say good things about the fact that they had at least told us about the blackout and that was good,a nd that Indy coverage was good, and at least they got back to doing vignettes, etc. And then I listened to some of the cam video and almost every one of them has someone talking in the background. On one of them you can even hear someone talking on a phone and saying bye to someone (I think it was Mandarins clip). I don't know if this was controllable or not, but if it was, if people could have been kept away from the camera's mic and were not, then something is wrong. I realize these guys doing the video are having fun at what they do, but can we please increase the quality of what we are getting?

Okay, here ya go: :)

1. Find a pic...let's use 2004_dci_champs_cavaliers8.jpg an example.

2. Go up to the "http://" address bar of said pic, or right click on it and choose "properties"...then look for the URL. Copy the URL...in this case... it's http://www.fjminc.com/img/about/news/2004_dci_champs/2004_dci_champs_cavaliers8.jpg

3. Open a post on DCP, and go up to the button marked IMG. Once you click it, it will ask for an image link. Paste in the information from the previous step. You can then use the "Preview Post" option to see if it came out correctly. :)

That's all there is to it!  B)

And when you do it directly from a site, rather than your own server, or space that you pay for, it is called stealing bandwidth.... ^0^

Part of the problem last year was rain along with the maintenance shed can and a string solution.

Also part of the situation deals with the capability of the compositing they are using to get the videos done. There are viable solutions when using a MAC, not inexpensive, but a direct live feed (and streaming as well could be done. But again, the problem exists at the stadium itself. I agree that DCI has known about this since last year. I even remember talking to Michael Boo about it several months ago before the season even started when I was trying to talk Mike into broadband instead of the dailup he uses at home.

And folks my situation is such that I am in the process of packing up years of stuff and tossing out years of stuff as well, so didn't even have the luxury of any live feed....anyone want to share?

Edited by Cascade Mama