Tonights the Night?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think somewhere in the 94 range is a more reasonable expectation.

I'm hoping they can keep within 3 points of Cadets, personally.

I think they have the show and ability to do it, but I also feel that they have been slotted out of the top two positions irrespective of their performance.

Consdidering how their scores have continued to rise against corps that they were once close to (Madison), I don't see that they've been slotted.

But since they're not up against Cavies tonight, no way to know if they could 'beat' them. Possible that they can move into the high low-mid 94's which would certainly indicate that they're at least within striking distance of the top.

Edited by mobrien

That would be a 2 pt jump right? I don't expect it.

Consdidering how their scores have continued to rise against corps that they were once close to (Madison), I don't see that they've been slotted.

But since they're not up against Cavies tonight, no way to know if they could 'beat' them. The judging system is RANKING and rating - you can only rank against the rest of the field on a given night. Possible that they can move into the high 93s/low 94's which would certainly indicate that they're at least within striking distance of the top.

I think that the judging system has acknowledged that they are now out-performing Madison and Blue Devils, but I would be pleasantly surprised if they could out score Cavaliers or Cadets. It looks like a two corps race for the gold at this point. Say what you will about the deficiencies of the tick system, I think it kept things more interesting amongst corps which were very evenly matched. I think it resulted in a heavier weighting of the corps' performance THAT night.