Battle of the Blue

Can Bluecoats surge to beat the Blue Devils?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Can Bluecoats surge to beat the Blue Devils?

• Yes, it's a possibility.
    • No, BD has it locked up.

They have the best show I have seen by them, and think they are much better than Phantom, who seems to be looking at 3rd place.

There's no way they can touch Phantom. But I'm sure Regiment will give them a wave as they're passing the Cavaliers.

Will they? I don't know... ... but I sure hope so! :)

They'll have to bring up their performance level from what I saw in Indy, though I think they've got the better show.

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

There's no way they can touch Phantom.  But I'm sure Regiment will give them a wave as they're passing the Cavaliers.

Incredible logic....

at the last head to head meeting:

Bluecoats were exactly 2 points behind Rockford... and Rockford was over 3 down from The Cavaliers....

now Phantom can't be touched by Bloo, but Phantom will pass The Cavaliers?

DCP mentality... i love it.

Incredible logic....

at the last head to head meeting:

Bluecoats were exactly 2 points behind Rockford... and Rockford was over 3 down from The Cavaliers....

now Phantom can't be touched by Bloo, but Phantom will pass The Cavaliers?

DCP mentality... i love it.

Well, I've seen all these shows for myself...

You're right... Bluecoats aren't close to the Devils... and neither is Phantom close to the Cavaliers....

way different levels.

Of course they are on different levels. thats why they are 6th in brass and now losing music ensemble and percussion to bluecoats. IF coats can clean up the visual it is a possiblility. But don't say that any of our top six is not in the same leauge with the others as they obviously are. Any given night anything can happen.

:blink: Definetly think that Bluecoats can pass BD......

Look at the recaps from last night..... Bluecoats have enormas potential in movement within captioins.....while BD is just about maxed out in terms of their shows potential....once Bluecoats are in that big stadium their field coverage etc will start to pay off.....they have these next 5 days off so hopefully they clean, add a little more GE and open up the sound and make history in Foxboro.... :blink:

i wouldn't say bd is maxed out in show potential, they just increased their brass score from columbus to allentown last night by 5 tenths- from an 18.2 to 18.7. and keep in mind this has been a weak point for them this year, finishing 5th and 6th in brass at some big shows. the weak area for them last night was GE and is something that can easily be boosted.

You're right... Bluecoats aren't close to the Devils... and neither is Phantom close to the Cavaliers....

way different levels.

Just curious when has 1.1 down from a corps not been close? I'm not going to predict the Coats are going to pass BD, but to say they aren't close seems really funny. The coats are right with them in all music captions.....and they have possibly won more music captions head to head this year.....the only thing BD has going for them is that they are cleaner. I have not seen BD, maybe someone can help me with this, but I doubt they have the field coverage or move around as much as the Bluecoats. If the Bluecoats clean a little more, they can pass or shrink the gap between the 2 corps.

But thats all a mood point, because the Coats aren't even close to BD. *Sarcasim*

This time of year, 1.1 down is a big gap, would not consider it "close"

2002 QTR - Finals

BAC QTR Score: 91.950 Finals Score: 92.40

Phantom QTR Score: 93.200 Finals Score: 92.40

Boston was 1.2 behind Phantom and in a 2 day period closed that gap.

I understand it is late in the season but some corps get that late season push. Being 1.1 with a week to go is not as huge of a gap as you think. 1.1 is not a safe margin any longer with a week before finals. To say they aren't "close" is a mistake. Especially if the BD members think that. But I know that there staff wont let them forget whos on their heels.

Edited by Shady Bluecoat