Crossmen

If the Crossmen perform anywhere near where they did last night, they will definitely challenge for a spot. In Indy, I wouldn't have even mentioned that as a possibility, but they proved me wrong last night. I don't know where they found it, but they found an extra gear and if they keep it up, Spirit should really watch out. Having seen Spirit four times this year, I think they have a very nice show. But on the right night, I can see Crossmen doing them in.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering about this....

Saw X-men in  WCU......I believer they dont have a package that is designed well enough to get them into finals (no fault of the kids in the corps...design IMO)....much rather see colts, cap reg, manderins  in there

that said......

do you think that team bones will get a slight inflate in scores to either

a) knock out spirit/glassmen from finals

b ) push them up high enough to just miss out of finals or pull away too much from 14-17 to merit an upset?

..all because xmen have made finals every year since 88???

Actually, Crossmen made finals every year since 1989, not 1988.

That being said, I don't think Crossmen will make finals this year. I haven't even heard their show but when I saw their choice of repertoire way back in November(?), I asked myself, "Is there ANY way they can make it work?" and my answer was "No."

I will be seeing their show on Thursday via cinecast. I hate to say it but it might be the show I end up getting up to get popcorn or something. Maybe that's due to the fact that my local radio station plays "Paradise by the Dashoard Light" too d### much!

I don't think the judges will "inflate" their scores to the extent that Glassmen or Spirit miss finals. Let's face it, if you don't have a good product that sells to the audience and judges, it's an uphill battle. And if it isn't well executed, it's even MORE of an uphill battle. Case in point, 2002 Madison Scouts (14th place).

:worthy:

I haven't even heard their show but when I saw their choice of repertoire way back in November(?), I asked myself, "Is there ANY way they can make it work?" and my answer was "No."

Let's face it, if you don't have a good product that sells to the audience and judges, it's an uphill battle.  And if it isn't well executed, it's even MORE of an uphill battle.  Case in point, 2002 Madison Scouts (14th place).

Well, I would wait to talk about the Crossmen's poor repetoire until you actually see and/or hear them. A lot of shows don't look good on paper, but are fantastically realized (see Phantom 2005 -- never did I think Gershwin would work for them). And as for selling to the audience, I can absolutely assure you that they had no problem doing that last night. Much more so than any of the three other times I had seen them this year.

Now, you can get your snack whenever you want, but I really think doing it during the Crossmen would be your loss.

snack during the 45 minute breaks!

~>conner

snack during the 45 minute breaks!

~>conner

I mentioned this in another thread....but I am hoping that Crossmen and Spirit tie for 12th in semis so both will make Finals. I have seen Spirit, but not Crossmen....I've read so much about them and hope to be able to see them!

Keep it up Crossmen....you can do it!

I mentioned this in another thread....but I am hoping that Crossmen and Spirit tie for 12th in semis so both will make Finals. I have seen Spirit, but not Crossmen....I've read so much about them and hope to be able to see them!

Keep it up Crossmen....you can do it!

Actually, Crossmen made finals every year since 1989, not 1988.

That being said, I don't think Crossmen will make finals this year.  I haven't even heard their show but when I saw their choice of repertoire way back in November(?), I asked myself, "Is there ANY way they can make it work?" and my answer was "No."

I will be seeing their show on Thursday via cinecast.  I hate to say it but it might be the show I end up getting up to get popcorn or something.  Maybe that's due to the fact that my local radio station plays "Paradise by the Dashoard Light" too d### much!

I don't think the judges will "inflate" their scores to the extent that Glassmen or Spirit miss finals.  Let's face it, if you don't have a good product that sells to the audience and judges, it's an uphill battle.  And if it isn't well executed, it's even MORE of an uphill battle.  Case in point, 2002 Madison Scouts (14th place).

Let me get this straight. You haven't seen or heard the show yet you judge it to not be a good product based on your preseason prognostication of the repertoire and the over play of one of the songs on your radio? Unbelievable.

Are you serious about Crossmen not selling their show to the audience? Tell you what. Take your break. You'll know Crossmen are HALF way through when the place explodes for the first time.

with the score crossmen posted last night and the score spirit posted last night at a different show nothings solid for spirit.

crossmen - 85.000 up from 83.650 at allentown (saturday)

spirit - 85.350 up from 85.250 at allentown (friday)

1.350 jump in one night compared to .1 in 2 days i'd say they're gonna make it interesting.

oh and also glassmen only scored a 85.900 so that means there less than 1 between 13th and 11th.

all i'm saying is that bones has always been a darkhorse and with this group of kids i dont see them not making saturday night.

GO BONES