Kingston Questions

Sky was really good this week and probably deserved to be higher.  Their drumline was definitely the most technical on the field on Sat night and I had them in the top 3, along with Brigs and Cru.

highly disagree ~ respectfully of course

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'd never expect so many excuses from a corps like Brigs!! 

There were no excuses. There are situations in life, outside of drum corps, that need to be taken care of that are more important. That's life. The top dogs in the Brigs staff understand that family comes first and are cool with the way last weekend turned out. We saw it as a positive, not a negative. We kicked-### this weekend and will continue to do so for the rest of the season.

Watch out people, something scary is coming out of the Syracuse area. And to all the drum corps nuts out there, including myself...

ENJOY!!!

BTW...

GO BRIGS!!!!!!!

:beer::beer::beer:

I must say, we, as Statesmen, have endured lots of criticism this season. We had to listen to people talk smack when Tammy came back to us after that brief exile in PA. We have to endure people telling us that our soloists stand in the pit the whole show and don't march. We have to endure people saying we don't deserve to win brass at any show, yet we have consistantly beat Brigs, Bush and Reading. What's it going to take to get some respect. I figured after Lewisburg we would've gotten this. Our hornline was smoking. I love all the corps competing so please don't take any of this as a slight to them, I just think we are getting dogged by too many people.

oh some of this is just too much

:beer:

About those Brigs holes...

It seems we had a bit of a rough week.  Our resident German was not in town for his bari spot leaving them one down.  Two contra's were missing this weekend, one with a death in the family the other with a breakdown of his vehicle.  One soprano player had his mother in the hospital and another had his house broken into.  We did have some folks leave for other reasons the past two weeks, however those sopts are already taken.  We will have a full drum corps by finals.

I planned to be in for the Kingston show. But holiday season started in Germany last week and flight tickets were a mess, the cheepest offer was 1.200 US$.

But I will be in my spot this weekend (410 US$) and bust my ### off to be fine.

Take care and cu all this weekend. Yeah baby Mojo.....

Oliver

Edited by BariSaege

I must say, we, as Statesmen, have endured lots of criticism this season. We had to listen to people talk smack when Tammy came back to us after that brief exile in PA. We have to endure people telling us that our soloists stand in the pit the whole show and don't march. We have to endure people saying we don't deserve to win brass at any show, yet we have consistantly beat Brigs, Bush and Reading. What's it going to take to get some respect. I figured after Lewisburg we would've gotten this. Our hornline was smoking. I love all the corps competing so please don't take any of this as a slight to them, I just think we are getting dogged by too many people

And when all of the above happens, you hold your head high, ignore the criticism, and perform as a proud member of your drum corps. I think that's pretty easy to do.

Not that anyone cares about my opinion (cuz i know they don't) but here's MY take on the Kingston show.

The top three were hot ... the rest were not. Plain and simple. I'm not saying the other corps stank (or is it stunk?) I'm just saying the top three were very strong and quite enjoyable. The others were just were not.

As far as someone thinking the top three drumlines should have been Sky, Cru and Brigs ... thats simply laughable. I can only assume that was written by a member of one of those drumlines or by someone who doesn't know anything about percussion.

Skyliners were 10th in drums out of 11 corps

Cru was 9th and Brigs were 2nd

I know, the judges were probably wrong. I'm sure that Sky and Cru will battle it out for high percussion in Scranton. That is unless the White Sabres come on strong that last couple weeks.

<no slam intended ... Just trying to point out the lunacy in this person's statement>

I expect the top three drumlines at Scranton will be Bucs, Bush and Minnesota.

We shall see!

Wow, I'd never expect so many excuses from a corps like Brigs!!  :P

Those weren't excuses. You asked why there were holes in the Brigs and it was explained.

I didn't think the low end was missing at all. Some of those individual contra players in the Brigs could be a contra line by themselves. Those are some wild contra parts.

I must say, we, as Statesmen, have endured lots of criticism this season.  We had to listen to people talk smack when Tammy came back to us after that brief exile in PA.  We have to endure people telling us that our soloists stand in the pit the whole show and don't march.  We have to endure people saying we don't deserve to win brass at any show, yet we have consistantly beat Brigs, Bush and Reading.  What's it going to take to get some respect.  I figured after Lewisburg we would've gotten this.  Our hornline was smoking.  I love all the corps competing so please don't take any of this as a slight to them, I just think we are getting dogged by too many people.

Dude, relax your hatless head!

I dont think anyone was slamming Empire! (I said you guys had a great show)

I love the "Statesman Style"! Seriously! (even if you do pay for ringers, but that's ok, Brigs do too... well maybe not this year...)

b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

I was just wondering what was up with our hometown hero, Joey! What an opportunity it was for him to get to share the stage with a musical genius like Mainard! I was saying it was great to see him in the pit this year!

Empire will be great in Scranton, as aways. This year's show is a great next chapter after the success of last season. Go get em.

Best of luck to all corps. I love this activity.

I was saying it was great to see him in the pit this year!

I know there are a lot of sensitive people out there, and I assure you I am not trying to #### anybody off with this question, but why is it that Joey doesn't march with his fellow Statesmen? He appears to be in pretty good shape. Are there health issues that prevent him from marching the show? Just curious.