Madison 06

I DID hold a "Super 3" ticket for Providence/Boston/Foxboro, whatever. I also saw every DIV II/III corps at least once. I just had to dash from Gillette to Brockton after the first few corps at quarterfinals (almost 1 hour, NOT the 20 minutes DCI told me it would be).

Thanks so much to Madison for making this change. The prices keep going up, but I'd still pay to see DIV II/III - they are SO entertaining and put the heart in the activity.

Flagmom

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its time DCI made a "All Access" ticket package so you can go to all events and get a "discount" with the pass kinda like a disney all park pass rather than just paying for epcot and not being able to go to disneyworld....

i have said this for years. they cry d2/3 get so few fans....maybe if you make a package that wasn reasonable and covered all events, you'd see attendance rise at d2/3 events

This is great news - leave it to Madison.  I was at Finals there in 2002, and from this fan's perspective, that was the last "real" Finals week that DCI staged.  Why?  Because I got to see all 6 shows.  Next year will be the first time since 2002 where that will again be the case. 

Not having to choose between watching D1 and watching D2/3:  PRICELESS!!!

astroturf helps also, which no finals site has had since well..Madison

I think it would make the crowds a LOT bigger :)  and im ALL for that

me to.

but a portion of the ticket sales from division 1 should go twords division 2-3.

~>conner

Can't see how having the last 2 shows in the heat of the day is considered a good idea. If you were in Brockton on Saturday you would know what I mean.

How can it feel like a World Championships for the 12th place corps when they have to wake up @ 5am and take the field at 11am???

Mon-Wed night makes for a much more conducive environment for what is considered the Prelims-Finals- Grand Finals format. Speaking of which, bring back Prelims-Semis-Finals. Last show is the championship.

Can't see how having the last 2 shows in the heat of the day is considered a good idea. If you were in Brockton on Saturday you would know what I mean.

How can it feel like a World Championships for the 12th place corps when they have to wake up @ 5am and take the field at 11am???

Mon-Wed night makes for a much more conducive environment for what is considered the Prelims-Finals- Grand Finals format. Speaking of which, bring back Prelims-Semis-Finals. Last show is the championship.

I agree, they should go back to the Mon-Wed format, or DI quarterfinals during the day on Thursday followed by II/III finals at night.

On Saturday, when we went on (right before noon), it was 110 degrees on the field.

Totally awesome!