The Cadets

I have to admit that the first time I saw thier show I scratched my head and thought WTF.

But I reserved judgment until I saw it a second time.All in all I have to say its a incredible show and very well executed.

I was very excited when the 'door" girls or "dream" girls were interviewed on the side line after the show,,only to be disappointed in thier comments.I was hoping to learn something more about the show and the reason for the door and the girls but all the girls did was babble like a couple of school girls.

I hope someone with Cadets will read this and prep these girls for thier next interview.

Go Cadets.

Those girls are young, and they did answer the question once they figured out what to say. Not everyone is a natural in front of the camera. I think they were uncertain at first on how to respond to the questions, because the question was what character do each of them play, and I think they were confused. Eventually one of them chimed in and said that they were playing the same character.

They are young and didn't handle it well, but that can happen with young people. They obviously play their roles well, so they must know something about the show. People need not read so much into situations like this. It's no big deal unless we are really just looking for a reason to bash the corps.

Jonathan

I only got to see the show the one time, and so have a question: Was the corp starting during the announcer sequence normal? I'm assuming yes since the DM didn't salute and started the show before the 'On the field ...' sequence was finished, and presume that it was part of the show concept.

The corp was clearly excellent, and I am somewhat biased ...

-JFS

John Schroeder

Garfield Cadets '82

Was the corp starting during the announcer sequence normal?  I'm assuming yes since the DM didn't salute and started the show before the 'On the field ...' sequence was finished, and presume that it was part of the show concept.

Yes, their on field warmup is more like an unscored introduction to the show. Not the first time Cadets have done this though.

Also, the backfield drum major did the salute. Not everybody catches that.

Moving warmups are not unique to the Cadets, either. Glassmen did moving warmups in '95 and '96. Empire Statesmen did a moving warmup (announcer always called it a running start) in '01 and the 1st half of '02.

It's no big deal unless we are really just looking for a reason to bash the corps.

Jonathan

I am certainly not bashing them.I love them.