Bobby T

Speaking in "general" terms, I would find that, if I were to get into judging, I would probably gravitate toward the area I had the most knowledge of. But that's just me.

Well, I am/was a horn player but if I had the capacity to become a judge, I'd likely gravitate toward the visual end of things. Not every visual guy has to be a former color guard member, do they? And am I totally mistaken, or aren't there a lot of visual guys in DCI (instructors/designers and judges alike) who were in the horn line back when they were marching?

Edited by Orpheus

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa hold the phone, I'm not talking about you per se, I'm talking about the way the thread was turning out. You have the right to question anything you want to but some are going a little further then that IMHO. You should know by now I am not the "thought police" cause Lord knows I've had my share of attacks for questioning things on here! :P  It doesn't matter to me one way or another if you want to question the judges, I question them myself, I just don't know them all.

I do know when Charlie Poole was a judge he was a percussion judge.

Geez I just don't get this place anymore.

Ok Lancerlady, I can see your point after re-reading some of the posts. Some did go too far. I think Rocketman is correct in that Bob played brass but I don't think he ever had any formal brass training. Ive always known him as a visual and GC judge. Bob has always been (IMO) a fair, stand up guy, but for the life of me, I just didn't get some of his calls this summer.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

Actually i saw Thursday.  cavies were flat and had a lot of individual errors.

There were no lines on the field whatsoever. Gillette Stadium officials didn't repaint the field like they were supposed to so it's no surprise the Cavies didn't do so hot on quarters night.

The dot system is great, but not when you can't find your dots.

Edited by Jayzer