Bobby T

I guess Charlie Poole was Busy..............

He was busy, in fact he was instructing the number one drum line in Division 2 this year, East Coast Jazz.. :)

I'm surprised this thread has survived so long..

This is just personal attack city here.. :sshh:

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was busy, in fact he was instructing the number one drum line in Division 2 this year, East Coast Jazz.. :)

I'm surprised this thread has survived so long..

This is just personal attack city here.. :sshh:

agreed. it needs to be shut down. no one has positive things to say (except for a few nice comments, here and there....including mine).

not productive. insulting judges doesn't get you anywhere, and opinions are like ########....everybody's got one.....

Ü

jan

agreed.  it needs to be shut down.  no one has positive things to say (except for a few nice comments, here and there....including mine).

not productive.  insulting judges doesn't get you anywhere, and opinions are like ########....everybody's got one.....

Ü

jan

Jan and lancerlady, Where's the personal attack? We're not allowed to voice an opinion about some questionable call from the summer? Wow, you sound like the thought police. If someone has an opinion different than yours or any type of questioning of the judges, shut the thread down. Geesh!!!! The judges names are all over the recaps, and I'm allowed to question why they make the calls they make. I have nothing personal against Bob Thomas. I've known Bob for many years and he's a quality guy, I just disagree with many of his calls from the summer, nothing personal.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

Jan and lancerlady,  Where's the personal attack? We're not allowed to voice an opinion about some questionable call from the summer? Wow, you sound like the thought police. If someone has an opinion different than yours or any type of questioning of the judges, shut the thread down. Geesh!!!! The judges names are all over the recaps, and I'm allowed to question why they make the calls they make. I have nothing personal against Bob Thomas. I've known Bob for many years and he's a quality guy, I just disagree with many of his calls from the summer, nothing personal.

Whoa hold the phone, I'm not talking about you per se, I'm talking about the way the thread was turning out. You have the right to question anything you want to but some are going a little further then that IMHO. You should know by now I am not the "thought police" cause Lord knows I've had my share of attacks for questioning things on here! :P It doesn't matter to me one way or another if you want to question the judges, I question them myself, I just don't know them all.

I do know when Charlie Poole was a judge he was a percussion judge.

Geez I just don't get this place anymore.

Edited by Lancerlady

DCI is scraping the bottom of the bucket this year anyway...

Monte Mast judging Championships?  Steve Suslik?  JR Carlisle?  These people have no judging experience in big shows, and most of them come from horrible backgrounds.  That's WHY they judge....if they were good, they would be teaching or writing.  Thats one of the problems with DCI...you have the best minds involved creating shows and then they are ranked and rated by lesser minds.

Here you go..you asked...going a little bit more then just expressing an opinion.

I emphasized the bold...

Yes, he was a brass player, but he only judges Visual Performance and Visual GE.

Speaking in "general" terms, I would find that, if I were to get into judging, I would probably gravitate toward the area I had the most knowledge of. But that's just me.

Rocketman - not a jack of all trades

ampssuck