Drum Bands International

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH......  The season is over, and it was ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING in a very long time!!!!  Bb or G.....who cares at this point....what's done is done from a rule change standpoint (what....6 years ago??).

Heck, my time in the activity dates back to the late 70's... Do I totally 100% agree with the change to Bb??  Nope, but I'll tell you this..... If you would have told me we would be seeing the athletic type of drills we're seeing today twenty five years ago, I would have asked you what you're smokin!!!

Anyway..... NICE JOB all corps!!!  Thanks for one of the most EXCITING competitive seasons in a long while!!

So I guess it's not about the music anymore, it's all about the drill? <**>

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no woodwinds yet, so it isn't a band. give em time and you may have an argument, but for now, thanks for playing, we have lovely parting gifts

Used to be when local corps shows' backfield stands were mostly full. As a marching member you had to sit back there after your performance if you wanted to catch your competition. Now they allow the corps....bands...to sit in the front largely to show the front stands as being more full than they in fact are. :(

I'm most disturbed that the best he/she could come up with was "drum bands international."  That doesn't even make sense, and there's no panache to it.  Let's see if I can do better.  "Piccolos, Flutes, Saxophones, Clarinets, Oboes, Bassoons, But Not Really, International"

PFSCOBBNRI

Nope, not much better.  I can admit it.  :worthy:

I vote for Drum Core International (the photo below was taken at Gillette Stadium on 8/13/2005).

no woodwinds yet, so it isn't a band. give em time and you may have an argument, but for now, thanks for playing, we have lovely parting gifts

Wow..... I completely agree.

Some really great things happened in DCI this year... Why taint it with comments like the original post. I usually can try to understand where someone is coming from but the original post was way, way off base. Thats all I have to say about that for now.

What gets me is that if you have no positive feelings about contemporary drum corps - why do you waste your time on a drum corps forum?  :worthy:  No - wait - I know the answer to this one!  It must suck to have such an empty, unfulfilling existence.... <**>

And yet another!