• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best singing corps song:

"May You Never Walk Alone"

Best playing corps song:

"Send in the Clowns"

I really like "Cadillac of the Skies" too.

I love "Amazing Grace", and I didn't know it wasn't Phantom's corps song. Do they play that every year, or no?

-Ted (Madison '97, '99)

PS Whoever said they liked "MacArthur Park", thank you. However, it's not our corps song.

The biggest tear jerk I have ever felt in drum corps was when the '94 27th Lancer's Alumni corps did Danny Boy. If you didn't feel it, you either weren't around back in the day, or just don't have that connection. You may also not be Irish. Madison and SCV have close seconds.

It was with great pride that I, and several other BD alumni joined the horn line of the '04 corps to play Chase the Clouds Away at Jerry Seawright's memorial. That was his favorite. That I had the opportunity to play this one more time for Jerry, makes it priceless.

Amazing Grace, while it is beautiful and moving, was only played by PR for a few years in the 90s. The corps song is Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral which dates back to 1979. And this year's version was particularly fabulous! Elsa's makes me cry every time I hear it because it's not only beautiful but holds special meaning for alumni.

That said, Never Walk, Send in the Clowns and Georgia are very special as well, just in different ways since I didn't march with those corps. Anyone remember when Cavaliers used to play Somewhere Over the Rainbow? That always used to be very moving as well.

Which corps song brings out the greatest emotional response?

If you want to see every alumni within earshot crying?  Santa Clara Vanguard's Send in the Clowns, baby!  Hands down!  ^OO^

Hey Mike, JoJo and I were talking about this in the History section, as much as I like Clowns, hands down IMHO Chava should be SCV's song. It send shivers down the spine and tears to the eyes, especially when the mellophone solo is sung just right.

As DCIDanny posted SW's corps song means a lot to me. If you have ever got a chance to hear the corps sing it or play it you would have been amazed(i think). Scouts Corps song is also a great song.