Booing and not clapping

Hmmm. Maybe you could take your own advice and start working on changing the rules/programs rather than using non-specific forms of public communications in the hopes that someone somewhere will hear what you did or didn't say among thousands of other voices and know to change whatever it was you were thinking but not actually saying. Not only would that be a boon to innocent performers, it might even be more efficient and effective.

HH

the problem is, submitting a rules proposal unless you are one of the 21 chosen doesn't work.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is for you....... BOOOOOOOOOOO !!    <**>

actually, he's dead on. Do you automatically just jump to your feet screaming and shrieking for every corps that just left the field?

AHhhhhh you bring amps into everything!

if you re-read the original post, you will see how he mentions the crowd cheered Crown more than what he thought they deserved...why?

as he said because their amps didn't work that night.

helps if you read the whole post

So by not acknowledging Dave's right to not acknowledge the hard work of each and every corp and booing him....I made you irritated?  My action was immature?  Booing is immature?   

Thanks for taking the bait and proving my point. 

And if I heard a good reason from anyone as to why it is ok to boo the corps we love so much....and the members that entertain us........and not acknowledge their hard work with some effort beyond two golf claps.....I would be happy to hear those opinions.  There has yet to be one offered that justifies this type of lack of support for young people's hard work.

And I did not pass judgement on Dave or who he is as a person, nor his work.  I just booed the opinion.    Did you take it as I was booing him personally?  Gosh, I didnt mean that at all.  Sorry you misinterpreted.    I support him and appreciate all his work for youth.  Really.  I simply booed what I disagreed with, not him. 

Hmm.      Thanks for assisting in proving my point on how people read into actions, or lack thereof......most importantly the members that work so hard to entertain all of us.

^_^

Dude, you have no point. I dont condone booing, I dont boo and in the 26yrs in the activity never knew anyome that booed. I dod boo the score announcement of the Scouts in Allentown in 2000, along with the rest of the stadium, but I think the "kids" new it was aimed at the scores...

I dont see anything wrong with not clapping or standing for something that doesnt move you, its your choice......gosh, how many shows do you actually go to...hardly anyone stands for everyone, and quite frankly, hardly any of the early corps get standing ovations...right or not, its not my problem, and I dont care, I stand and/or clap for who I choose to....period.

So tell me, when that friends of DCI memebr sitting on the fifty doesnt stand for the first corps is he hurting them ?? I bet his $5000 he donated out of his pocket helped them more than his not standing hurt them...get real.

~G~

I was even next to G once when he said he liked Boston! My wife and I almost fell over in shock

:P

Yep. We shouldn't read too much into the one-time appearance of any corps. Had the 27 Alums performed in dozens of shows preceding the 94 finals, their reception that Saturday wouldn't have been the same.

Of course, they did play Crown Imperial!

HH

FYI only:

We did our full 94 show in full uniform prior to finals many, many times. There were 11K at one of the shows, maybe DCE East? And alot of smaller shows in between.

However I do have to say that during most of them we went on first, so the stands weren't at full capacity for that particular show and it certainly was not as huge as finals - 22K or something, with fans from all over!

This is ridiculous. I apologize if this thought has been posted by another person but I don't have time to read through ten pages of this crap. People were not booing because the "didn't like" Corps A or Corps B. All the booing I heard was AFTER DCI announced the mistake in the brass awards. Personally, I don't think it's cool for DCI to screw up and strip two corps of an honor because of their mistake. I know I'd be ticked off. And I know that even if I had been in that particular corps that turned out to win the brass caption, I would have felt bad fo the other corps and I would have been angry as well.

That said, there may have been booing at other spots I did not hear, and if this is the case I greatly apologize or my rant.

Respectfully,

A corps member

* Edit for Spelling

Edited by mello118

Oh, I thought it was towards the Cadets scores. I wasn't paying much attention I have to say.

But I was on the edge of my chair "OH MY GOD PHANTOMS WINNING A CAPTION!" Then crocker was like just kidding...

:(

Has Brandt Crocker ever made a mistake in saying something at finals that caused boos?