Returning Div III corps for '06

Ok I dont remember them seeing scores for them in 04 so I appologize.. I think I was hoping to see them at DCI's in denver and they wernt their.. thats maybe why I thought they didnt compete.. my bad.. sorry

Check out the score archive on corpsreps.com ... or rather, search for Lake Erie Regiment and click on "scores," that's easier. Plenty of results from '03 and '04, just not from Finals.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some corps I've been wondering about... What ever happened to General Butler Vagabonds?? Or Legend of Texas? Any info?

• 5 weeks later...
No word on LVK websight about 2006 current plans. Is it official they will not return any time soon?

First, let me reiterate I am by no means an official representative of LVK. What I write below is largely conjecture and personal opinion from an ex-member with close ties to the organisation.

I doubt you'll ever get something official from the organisation. To the best of my knowledge, there are no longer very many people involved in the administration of LVK, and the few remaining are not sufficiently active in the corps' operations. If they do return in the very near future, they will probably be only a shadow of the competitive venture we once were.

I suggest you review posts #52 and #59 in this thread, that's probably about as much information as you're going to get without personally contacting the corps' past and current administration (and even then, I suspect you'll get mixed stories). It's a shame all this fairly new equipment will be sitting out another season, but I imagine there are still far-off plans to put them to eventual use.

Thank you for your interest. It means a lot to me that people are still asking about us. It was a great run while it lasted, and I wouldn't trade my three years at LVK for anything. We made our mark, we put our name in the record books, we remained competitive until the end (we were never bested by a corps at championships who wasn't at least 10% larger than us our last two seasons), and the membership enjoyed a high-quality experience that would be tough to match. That is nothing short of a testament to the staff (administrative and instructional) and membership involved in LVK's brief, four-year history. I wouldn't want to see the corps return in any shape or form that cannot provide a similar competitve and educational experience of the calibre LVK afforded us. It's sad to see any corps go, but I think this was one that ran its course.

Legend of Texas *merged* (of sorts) into Troopers the season Legend folded. I don't believe anything else was left behind

Legend of Texas *merged* (of sorts) into Troopers the season Legend folded. I don't believe anything else was left behind

Anything on a possible coming back from Lone Star? Or should I still dream? :P

I doubt that as well. Lots of new growth in TX though, with Revolution and Trinity in DCI and Frontier, Gulf Coast Sound and now Austin Stars in DCA..plus neighboring states have Crosswinds and Masquerade kicking it off in DCA

Renaissance from PA is fielding a corps next summer. We will stay close to home and try to make as many appearances as possible within our surrounding states. As of now, barring some miracle, we will not be attending finals in Madison. Our goal is to get a field show out there. Last year we were a parade corps and years prior an indoor drum line. We have been blessed to have received newer percussion equipment. We are looking for horns to borrow or rent. If anyone has any leads, please let us know. We are asking the drum corps community to please consider helping us to meet the challenge of purchasing our own horns. Details will be on the new website on how you can help. (any info on LVK's stuff?)

Our new website should be up by this weekend. www.renaissancedbc.com. More info will be available there.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and words. We hope to see you real soon. Slow and steady is the name of success. Be patient....we're coming. ^OO^

Thanks,

Chalet Harris

Director

Renaissance Drum and Bugle Corps

York, PA

www.renaissancedbc.com coming soon!

director@renaissancedbc.com available now!

Edited by RFPADirector

there is a new D III coming out this year. "Trinity" from Seguin, TX.

http://trinitydbc.org

Exciting, eh?

They had the numbers to make it last year at their first camps, but then lost them. I hope they can compete this year, I would love to see more drum corps out of Texas. Frontier, Gulf Coast Sound, Revolution, and Trinity were awesome at the Alamo, and I hope to see the Austin Stars this coming summer as an addition to the Texas family. BTW, does anyone know if the Texas drum corps preview is going to happen in 06?

edit:spelling errors

Edited by txtubadude