the shows from 2005

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Stars had a good show! Video game music from Final Fantasy but hey it was sweet.

Blue Stars had a good show! Video game music from Final Fantasy but hey it was sweet.

Heh.

Let me make a recommendation to you, young padawan.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=music&n=507846

B00005R8I1.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Final Fantasy, if you haven't had the pleasure of playing it on consoles through the years, has had some amazing music, even as far back as on the S-NES.

Highly recommended tracks are "Liberi Fatali" from FF VIII and the end theme of FF VII, "One Winged Angel".

Both will blow you away. ^0^

Edited by bawker

Guest DrumCorpFan

None of these would be in my top 30 as would none of last year's corps shows. I liked Phantom's show this year and I liked Cadets show this year. I found the Cadets concept very interesting. The music didn't make me want to throw my first born out on to the field but the show was very creative and I give them credit for doing something different.

Heh.

Let me make a recommendation to you, young padawan.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=music&n=507846

B00005R8I1.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Final Fantasy, if you haven't had the pleasure of playing it on consoles through the years, has had some amazing music, even as far back as on the S-NES.

Highly recommended tracks are "Liberi Fatali" from FF VIII and the end theme of FF VII, "One Winged Angel".

Both will blow you away.  ^0^

Ahhhh you silly goose! b**bs download the full versions off why waste time with clips? www.bluelaguna.net

I thought Phantom had the most complete package of sight, sound and theatrical elements. Right at the top of my all time favorites.

I'd agree. Phantom Regiment 2005 goes into my top 30. I guess I was partial to the fact that Phantom's priincipal dancer showed that he could utilize the Color Guard equipment that makes up a Drum Corps competition. Plus, there's was a seemless show that just flowed from beginning to end. ( not sure who gets kicked out though that's already in......haha). Cadets 2005 isn't even in any of my top 10 of Cadets shows, as talented as they were this year. Terrific ballard. Otherwise, too choppy and confusing a show and exceedingly gimmicky for my taste. Also, The Cadets and Madison's principal characters.....dancers..... had limited or no abilities using the equipment in a Drum and Bugle Corps and Color Guard as near as I could tell. But some loved the Cadets which is fine with me too. To each his own. Not everybody likes the same automobile, nor brand of ice cream. Nor should they.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

Way aheads of you...I already own 3 CD's and several dozen...ahem...downloaded mp3's for the series.

Final Fantasy III( VI) is still a treat, especially the "Opera Scene". :P

All Hail FFVI! AMAZING AMAZING soundtrack. some drum corps has got to do that. After seeing blue stars Suteki Da Ne is one of the BEST ballads I've heard this year. :blink:

Before Bluestars I would have NEVER thought that FF soundtracks (some of the best soundtracks and the most famous soundtracks) would be suitable for DCI.