Congratulations to Canadian Div III Corps

WoW!!! 3 Canadian corps in Div II/III finals..... is that a first?? Although I didn't get to see all of the Canadian Corps at prelims, I saw the tail end of Stentors, Dutchboy, Allegiance Elite & Pride of the Lions. All 4 of these corps made me feel proud.... I was the crazy lady cheering you all on and waving the Canadian flag. Even though my son marched Div I, I made a point of coming out and cheering for the future of Canadian Drum Corps.... Thanks to you all for entertaining me and showing that drum corps is alive and well in Canada. Congratulations to St. Johns, HYPE & Blue Saints as well. I am looking forward to seeing Bandettes & Strutters back next year. :worthy::huh::worthy::worthy:

WoW!!!  3 Canadian corps in Div II/III finals..... is that a first??  Although I didn't get to see all of the Canadian Corps at prelims, I saw the tail end of Stentors, Dutchboy, Allegiance Elite & Pride of the Lions.  All 4 of these corps made me feel proud.... I was the crazy lady cheering you all on and waving the Canadian flag.  Even though my son marched Div I, I made a point of coming out and cheering for the future of Canadian Drum Corps.... Thanks to you all for entertaining me and showing that drum corps is alive and well in Canada.  Congratulations to St. Johns, HYPE & Blue Saints as well.  I am looking forward to seeing Bandettes & Strutters back next year. :worthy:  :huh:  :worthy:  :worthy:

The Corps you mentioned seem to be some of the most improved over the past couple of years. They should be proud.

• 5 weeks later...
WoW!!! 3 Canadian corps in Div II/III finals..... is that a first??

Its not a first that three Canadian Corps have made 2/3 Finals before..

1989 Bandettes, Academie Musicale, Ventures, Kiwanis Kavaliers

1990 .. Academie Musicale, Ventures, Kiwanis kavaliers

1992 Kiwanis kavaliers, Academie Musicale, St. Johns

1993, St. Johns, Venutres, L'Insolite

1994, Kiwanis Kavaliers, L'Insolite, St. Johns

1995, Kiwanis Kavaliers, Les Etoiles, Les Demension, Academie Musicale

1997, St. John's, Les Senatures, 3rd regiment

im sure there may have been years beofre that,

and now you add.. Dutch Boy, Pride of the Lions and Allegiance Elite (2005) its been a while and I am SO proud of those corps and all the other Canadian corps still competing

Thanks for the clarification! I wasn't sure if this was a first or not... even so, it was a terrific representation of Canada! :)

• 4 weeks later...

It was a great year for Canadian corps and they have a right to be proud!! Just when you begin to wonder what is becoming of the activity up north . . . and WHAM they all come out strong with an awesome performance every night. Am looking forward to another strong turnout this coming season.

Thanks for an enjoyable summer!!

Michael