Who will win the 2005 DCA Championships?

Who will win the DCA Title?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the DCA Title?

• Reading Buccaneers
    • Empire Statesmen
    • Bushwackers
    • Brigadiers
    • Minnesota Brass Inc.

Nope, that's not what I'm saying.  If the Gap was 5 points with the two corps being at different shows, that doesn't mean there is a 5 point spread between the two.  In other words, SPREADS FROM DIFFERENT SHOWS SHOULD BE COMPLETELY IGNORED. 

The only true indicator of a realistic spread is the performance of both corps at the same show. 

BTW, the judges weren't "being nice to Bush"... they were just comparing them to the rest of the comp.  Bush blew them away...

Also, don't discount Bush's score dropping significantly.  It may not happen, but it might.

There's no way anyones score will drop significantly. It doesn't happen unless the corps has a terribly bad show. maybe a corps can drop a point but not 3 4 or 5 points. it just doesnt happen. IMO, anything can happen, bucs can win, bush can win so could empire. i guess we will just wait and see what happens this weekend.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think the gist of the discussion is, (and I really didnt want to go there), is that unless a major miracle happened and Bush gained 4 points on the other corps (Brigs, Empire, Bucs), Im pretty sure the standings will stay about the same....what this means is that the above scores will jump as a result. Bumping Bushs' score down (to reality) will result in much justified noise from them; boosting everyone elses scores up, on the other hand, will raise much protest as well. Theres no nice solution out of this. Thanks, DCA.

This argument is based on the premise that it is HIGHLY unlikely that Bush (and the other corps in those contests) could have jumped by about 4 points in a single week. Check out the sheets, the numbers are right there, every corps' scores jumped around 3 to 4 points...

Do I think bucs are gonna win by 4 to 5 points over say bush, brigs, or empire? No way is that gonna happen, as the last 2 are far closer than that now. I would expect bucs to prelim at about a 95-96. this gives a reasonable gap for bush and the others to still get a 93+ score and be realistic. Does bush have a chance? sure, but they are not as close as many would like to think...

Bill

Ya know what Bill? I hope the Brigadiers are happy with you as a member. How DARE you talk badly about another corps like that. Could it be possible that Bush's point curve could be that much more dramatic than say, Bucs, or Brigs? Maybe Bush had a LOT more to clean in their show than Bucs did. Bucs were hot right out of the box this year...it took Bush a long time to get their show to this level. Bucs peaked early, fact of the matter, and Bush is getting MUCH better every week. In my opinion, Bush is getting the scores they deserve, and at THIS point, I see them as a better all-around drum corps than Empire AND Brigs. Will they beat Bucs? Probably not, but don't discount them because you think YOUR show is superior. Man, get a grip.

Ya know what Bill? I hope the Brigadiers are happy with you as a member.  How DARE you talk badly about another corps like that.  Could it be possible that Bush's point curve could be that much more dramatic than say, Bucs, or Brigs? Maybe Bush had a LOT more to clean in their show than Bucs did.  Bucs were hot right out of the box this year...it took Bush a long time to get their show to this level.  Bucs peaked early, fact of the matter, and Bush is getting MUCH better every week.  In my opinion, Bush is getting the scores they deserve, and at THIS point, I see them as a better all-around drum corps than Empire AND Brigs.  Will they beat Bucs? Probably not, but don't discount them because you think YOUR show is superior.  Man, get a grip.

Dude Chill you are taking this way out of text .... and as far as i see no one was corps bashing till you jumped in .

Ya know what Bill? I hope the Brigadiers are happy with you as a member.  How DARE you talk badly about another corps like that.  Could it be possible that Bush's point curve could be that much more dramatic than say, Bucs, or Brigs? Maybe Bush had a LOT more to clean in their show than Bucs did.  Bucs were hot right out of the box this year...it took Bush a long time to get their show to this level.  Bucs peaked early, fact of the matter, and Bush is getting MUCH better every week.  In my opinion, Bush is getting the scores they deserve, and at THIS point, I see them as a better all-around drum corps than Empire AND Brigs.  Will they beat Bucs? Probably not, but don't discount them because you think YOUR show is superior.  Man, get a grip.

Generally, unless otherwise stated as being on behalf of a particular corps, posts on DCP speak only for the author of the post, not their corps.

Thanks.

Generally, unless otherwise stated as being on behalf of a particular corps, posts on DCP speak only for the author of the post, not their corps.

Thanks.

Well then GENERALLY, it says nothing for the integrity of their members then.

You put your corps name in your signature, you represent your corps, simple as that. Even if you don't MEAN to, that's what goes through reader's heads. "Oh, this guy is with so and so...they must be jerks"

Well then GENERALLY, it says nothing for the integrity of their members then.

You put your corps name in your signature, you represent your corps, simple as that.  Even if you don't MEAN to, that's what goes through reader's heads. "Oh, this guy is with so and so...they must be jerks"

Yeah that is true that is what happens unfortunetly. People will say did you hear what such and such from _______ corps said. Yes its Stupid but it is part of everyday.

Also what is happening now is why Jeff and others say polls suck because you always have someone that says you took it the wrong way.

The great thing about the internet is that you can talk to alot of people hold chats etc

The bad thing is when you get some of the chats that turn into to debates etc you can't get the emotion or expression in what a person might be trying to say..

Example with me saying a simple little thing like

Yeah! have a great day!!!. which way do I really mean that.

So I think we should all when we read something and you think it a Bash etc.. Walk away. count to a million gazillion then come back and see.

OH P.S. I wish everyone the best. Again another exciting year for DCA and Fans.

Also you Corps members should know its nice to have corps that entertain you and keep you wondering what can happen during finals weekend instead of already just knowing how everyone will place. Soo much more exciting.

Edited by Oddone