You know you have Corps in your blood when?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you start to mark time after standing for a long time. or you statr marking time if music is plaiing no matter where you are.
:blink: being ADD, I don't even realize when I'm marking.

You know you have drum corps in your blood when ... You describe colors by the corps you associate them with - Madison Green, Cadet Maroon, Crown Purple...

You know you REALLY have Drum Corps in your Blood when...

You nave a Stroke in May and they don't think thst you'll make it out of the Hospital Alive...

You get bounced around between several Nursing Homes until the end of June...

Then they tell you that they're NOT going to let you out to go to "Drums on Parade"...

You "Break-out anyway to go to the Show...and THE SCOUTS get "Rained OUT !

MAN !! That's why I moved back to MADISON !! But I got to meet some of my "Little BROTHERS"

before the Show. And many friends that I hadn't seen for a LONG Time ! Plus the BROTHERS that I

got to see at the Reunion afterwards...So I wasn't too depressed. ALL I got to see was the "CRAPPY

Tele-cast" of 1/4 Finals at the Theatre in Appleton...

But"Bet your Bottom Dollar"that I'll be at "CAMP RANDALL" come AUGUST !!! If nothing else other

than to see "THE MIGHTY MEN of MADISON play at HOME !!!

(LOOK MA- NO COMMA"S !!! SORRY I'll let it DIE !! NO HARD FEELINGS ?!?)

ALWAYS your BROTHER DANIEL

You watch a big time College Bowl game, (I think it was 1990, and Colorado was playing for the Championship), and during the halftime show, you call a drummer friend, because Colorado's band played "Channel One Suite" and the drumline attempted an accelerando. That excited me more than the game. The Drumline didn't pull it off, but man, the attempt was awesome!! Wow, a band playing a drumsolo!!! Also, when you hear a song that inspired a drumsolo, and you play the solo at the applicable time of the song. People look at you weird. (Playing on legs, or a steering wheel, or tabletop.)

you know you have drum corps in your blood when youre in youre symphonic winds class and after a up tempo release you snap your horn down...

THAT is very funny. LOL.

Mom

When you're delivering mail and you're "crabbing" or snapping a turn up a driveway to the next house wishing drumsticks were in your hand instead of mail! Bus fumes, however, will always be the biggest reminder, as well as looking for a drum corps name instead of something-or-other tour companyon the side of the bus!

You know drum corps is really in your blood when...

- You can't listen to enough true drum corps (pre-early nineties) on tapes and CD's where it's

enshrined 'cause it can't be had in real time.

- The drum corps in your blood starts to boil when you read of f%*%#@g woodwinds in the activity.

- You're at a show in disbelief witnessing microphones, amplification and singing and swear

you're at a Superbowl halftime.

- you speak/type the truth about the demise of drum corps and you're hated and censured for it.

Edited by Brassop

You know drum corps is really in your blood when...

- You can't listen to enough true drum corps (pre-early nineties) on tapes and CD's where it's

enshrined 'cause it can't be had in real time.

- The drum corps in your blood starts to boil when you read of f%*%#@g woodwinds in the activity.

- You're at a show in disbelief witnessing microphones, amplification and singing and swear

you're at a Superbowl halftime.

- you speak/type the truth about the demise of drum corps and you're hated and censured for it.

AMEN !!!!! BROTHER!!!!!!

You're our for a walk, no one else is out, so you march or glide down the sidewalk just to prove you still can.

When you're at the symphony and you imagine flags spinning and other guard work or drill to the music; you think which corps would do the piece best (usually SCV or Phantom when at the symphony, but others as well).