Mini Corps Show Request

strutta

Please feel free to post reviews/critiques of the mini corps show if you plan on attending. As this is the largest and only competitive show of the year for this division, most, if not all, members of the competing mini corps welcome fan feedback regarding their performances, the execution of the event and of course, the final outcome.

Sooo....if you plan on seeing the show, please share your thoughts with those that can not attend and those that are appearing but do not get to see the entire show.

Thank you and enjoy the show!!!

PS. If you like what you see, tell everyone! (If you do not, let us know what you believe should be improved.)

Strutta

MCA PR

Without going into a corps by corps review, I just wanted to say that I thought the Mini Corps Show was a gigantic success. First of all the venue was great. Stadium lighting and good seating make all the differnce from a viewers standpoint. In past years viewing was difficult as well as being comfortable. Secondly, the corps came on and off the field quiclky. That was very impressive. The new MCA gets a lot of credit in my book for a well run, credible show.

From an entertainment standpoint I was very pleased. I am usually performing so being a spectator was a rare occasion for me. It was nice to see a blend of different styles by the corps. Some had mostly all horns and a trap set, some had more drums and auxiliary then horns. Some had a a little field show and some stood still. I guess I just liked each corps individuality. Also, the quality of the charts and the execution level that they were performed was evident by most of the corps. MCA achieved what any entertainment venue strives to do..... entertain their fans. The ultimate compliment. Thanks to all for a well run show.

Joe

BSGK

Thanks, Joe but credit for the show must be given to DCA.

Barb & Dick and the rest of the DCA I&E committee did a great job in pulling off the show. They were very helpful to the performing mini corps and I heard nothing but good things about the other aspects of I&E. Thanks again to all that helped make Friday night's festivities a big success!

Strutta

MCA PR

This was the first DCA I have attended since 1976 and the first time I have seen the mini-coprs; I loved it, a great show from the 8 horn corps from Virginia to the MN and Mass brass what a show and I believe a better judged show than the pre-lims at some stages.

This seems to give smaller corps with a lot of talent a venue to compete

A great job by all the participating corps.

Bill Saunders

Park City Pride

FL Brass

CT Hurricanes Alumni

I was totally impressed with the was minicorps was run this year. Last year was my first DCA final, and I have to say the main reason I made the trek from the South to PA was to see the minicorps (and of course, getting to see the CorpsVets again (as well as everybody else) was a great bonus :) ). This year, having it at the stadium and all, was way better than having to stand at ground level while the corps were playing/marching. You could actually see what was going on, and see what those who marched a drill were doing. And the crowd was awesome! Wherever they have it next year, I hope minicorps will be at the stadium again, and also in the years ahead. It was a wonderful experience.

Great show. I would like info on mini corps for next year for Brooklyn United Alumni...........Thanks BrooklynUnited@nyc.rr.com www.BrooklynUnited.org

Brooklyn write to me at this address, dcaIE2005@aol.com. I will keep you informed. There are some new ideas for Mini Corps. Barb and I are ready to move forward, but we can't post anything untill we no where the next venue is.

Always exciting to have new entries.

I enjoyed the location of the Mini-Corps/I&E competition last year simply out of selfishness, since I had never been to PA before. Having the competition at the stadium was a much better venue. It made it feel, sound, and look much more like a drum corps show.