Crusaders 2006

brian can u answer my post about drums at ub please! as i see u r still here!

Unfortunatly I cannot. Your best bet would be to contact Mike Directly.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I need to post something on here...

There is nothing to be ashamed of coming from absolutely zero...nothing, to a twelfth place finish and an 81.625 in one year's time. Nice job to the corps members that worked hard to do this.

My dissapointment has absolutely nothing to do with the corps placement or score.

It is funny that in upstate NY, how rumors...insinuations and accusations seem to haunt certain people. It is also amazing that when so much work was done that becomes minimized in an instant, because of these types of hurtful comments.

I know what I put in to get the corps back on the field. It is too bad that people forget so easily who did what around here, while posturing themselves for a better position. There most likely would not have been a corps on the field this year without the effort that was put in during the winter and spring months. Kudos to the members that stuck it out through thick and thin...

Great try Crusaders...and remember you have nothing to be ashamed of. There was no corps last year and you went out and did what you could to make history.

Some people that really need to be recognized here are Mike McCarthy and Dave Wright...who drove to Long Island every weekend and back with the vans to pick members up. People that take credit for the good never seem to acknowledge that these guys busted their butts to get those students here week after week.

Donny

World Champion 2005 (brass ensemble)

Cru and Donny,

I would like to congratulate you all on a great season ! Your comeback with a unbelievable desire to show DCA what you were all about.......Donny, your passion and focus was admirable and I you respect for it . All of Cru for that matter ! In Copiague I said wow this corps is really together and it was just great. I admire the corps strength and resilence in making it back into the fold.

Best of luck in 2006 !

Yours in drum corps,

Eddie

Edited by celtickid

THERE BEST BE DRUMS CAUSE I LIKE DRUMS AND I LIKE FOOTBALL....lol....speaking of drums and football at the same time, i got pep band tonight, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....GO ALBION BEAT LEWPORT!!!!!

btw brian i have contacted many potential members i have contaced 4ish horns who express intrest....1 drummer who wants to try out for bass...one who is a cymbal player, but if we dont have a cymbal line, he can be in the pit... u dont want our color gaurders....lol....trust me!

Congratulations to CRU perc for having the best 12th place line in DCA history! There is no blame for mistakes as everyone has inevitably made some. There is no ego. We are (staff) all pros and will learn and react accordingly. The future of this corps hasn't looked this good in 20 years. WE GO (further) ON!!!

Sorry, I posted under Joe's ID. I am his father Bill. He would want me to make that distinction.

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

Donny

World Champion 2005 (brass ensemble)

Sounds like a family problem thing etc..You guys worked your butts off...and kept the momentum going as always...saw the posts...and always the cry was .."We Go On" Great job and like others..most expectations were met far and beyond the wildest dreams.. build on.....every corps ..keep the activity alive..and when the speed bumps in the road appear...well??? just ease over them ..then continue on the journey..that in reality .....we all.......so love..and to all drum corps people far and wide.....have fun and leave your ego at the door...Good luck ...and ...start your engines for 2006...hope it is a wild ride...exciting for DCA...drum corps whoo hah !!!!!! :huh:

Congratulations to CRU perc for having the best 12th place line in DCA history! There is no blame for mistakes as everyone has inevitably made some. There is no ego. We are (staff) all pros and will learn and react accordingly. The future of this corps hasn't looked this good in 20 years. WE GO (further) ON!!!

Sorry, I posted under Joe's ID. I am his father Bill. He would want me to make that distinction.

except we came in 11th in drums

Cru and Donny,

I would like to congratulate you all on a great season !  Your comeback with a unbelievable desire to show DCA what you were all about.......Donny, your passion and focus was admirable and I you respect for it . All of Cru for that matter ! In Copiague I said wow this corps is really together and it was just great.  I admire the corps strength and resilence in making it back into the fold.

Best of luck in 2006 !

Yours in drum corps,

Eddie

Donny and Crusaders,

Congratulations on your come back season. Everone knows how difficult it is after taking a year off. Just ask Sky and Sun. I felt the passion that you had, Donny, and you made be beleive that this was going to happen. Well it did! You should all be very proud of yourselfs and move to the next step.

Donny, I will never forget what you did for the Hurcs in '04. Without you, I'm not sure they would have made finals. That was my first year working with you, and I admired your dedication, teaching methods and desire to help improve, not only the brass line, but the whole corps. I'm sure you used those same methods with Cru, and it showed with the quality of their perfomances. You and the staff should be very proud of the Crusaders.

Crusaders, you made the drum corps community very proud of you. It wasn't easy, and we all know that. I am wishing you a great winter and I am looking forward to seeing you back on the field in '06.

JOE!

Ok so Eddie and Duke ...

Lets let this be. I didnt mean to start any trouble. Whether I am at Cru or anywhere else, I always will wish the very best to any competitve corps.

Donny

except we came in 11th in drums

so then you are the best 12th plsce corp that placed 11th in drums in history..

hey brian did you ever get my email i sent you.