....on behalf of The Kilties.

bill

Bill

I was in section 135 and saw Joel go down, many in our section yelled to get the attention of your DM and the judges.  A woman behind me dialed 911; a doctor who plays with the Skyliners jumped the frnce and went out to assist.  A sad moment in Drum Corps but a way that all of us who love this activity would want to go doing what we love to do.

Condolences from the Florida Brass Family to the Kiltie Family, his spirit will live on

Bill Saunders/Baritone

Park City Pride

Florida Brass

CT Hurricanes Alumni

Bill ,

The women behind you was my friend from the Marksmen Drum Corps from Springfield mass,From what she told me she called 3 times before the ambluance got to the stadium..If the Kilties want more info please email me

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On behalf of the Govenaires,

Our deepest sympathies go out to the Kilties, and Lothar's Family. I was in the stands with our corps director and DM John Mayer at the time of his passing. We were at a loss for words and wept. I am still at a loss for words. I and the Govenaires hold you all in our thoughts in this time of grief and sorrow.

As a Kiltie from the 70's and a former percussion instructor from not long ago I knew Joel albeit not very well. My heart goes out to his family and everyone else who loved him.

I want to say to the surviving members of the corps how deeply proud I am of each and every one of you for having the strength to go out out there and start your show over after experiencing something of this magnitude, I am not entirely sure I would have had the ability to perform.

May you come back strong in 2006

I was saddened to hear of your great loss.

As a member of the Renegades and a past associate of junior corps, I have always thought of drum corps as one big extended family and to lose a member of that family is always tragic.

The Kilties Family will be in my heart, thoughts and prayers. May God's blessings help you through this very difficult time.

My deepest sympathy to the Magnuson and Kilties family.

Blessings to you,

Cassandra Archer

Renegades Honor Guard

To All the members of the Kilties and Lothars family

I was feeling your pain as I watched on Sat.My husband along with 5 other members of the Lancers Sr. drum corps. We knew just how you were feeling as exactly 2 months earlier we lost one of our drum majors durring a 4th of July parade. Posie had always said he hoped he was doing something he loved when the time comes and he was doing just that. Just like your family member was doing what he loved. Again my deepest condolances for your loss

Martie Gourley

Hanover Lancers

Hanover Pa

To my MANY friends in the Kilties Family,

While I have probably never met or marched with or against most of you, I consider you part of my own family. And believe me, I understand what the rollercoaster emotions that you speak about are. The day before I was scheduled to leave for tour in 86 my grandfather (probably the most influential person in my life to that point) passed on. And I remember performing in Pittsburgh (our first show that year) and playing the best show I think any of us had ever been through.

Joel, you got your wish: Your passing was during something that you so obviously loved. To his family, friends, and the Kilties, may his passing not be a constant pain in your hearts. May it be the glue that will bind you together forever and become the basis of the resolve for your family to move on in the work that Joel started. RIP Joel.....hopefully we will all get together in the "Heaven Couldn't Wait" Drum Corps in the future. Because that is gonna be one HELLUVA CORPS!!!!!!!