Something to really complain about

First off, for the record, this is not about the brownshirts. I only saw one incident with them this year, and IMO, the female the cop was having issues with was clearly egging him on and provoking a fight.

she lost.

no, this rant is about the people helping run the show, and IMO, some of the rudest people in the stadium.

the American Legion folks.

totally discourteous all weekend, to the point of rude, but the worst came during finals.

As the Bucs began their show, Good ole Doc had em lined up on the walkway behind the lower level stands. they chatted about who knows what loudly.

then.....and this I could not believe, given Doc's ties to drum corps....he led a parade of over 10 of them right down the aisle as Bucs kicked into Adagio.

oh and they weren't quiet going down. No, in fact, they were ###### loud.

SHame on you Doc Sebatianelli. You of all people know better. This just goes to show, what many have felt the last few years but wouldn't say publically...you don't care abnout what happens on the field, you just care about PR for your 11th district. Well guess what...you guys look like clowns after Sunday. I could tell DCA officals were ######, and if I were them, wow, I am sure I would have severed relations forever.

I have long said at any Legion tied in show at Scranton, these pople are rude to drum corps fans, and this proved.

I hope DCA and the Bucs demand a public apology.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't argue with this one.

My wife and son both ranted about the AL folks and their behavior. Absolutely indefensible and unacceptable. And according to them it continued even after folks tryng to enjoy the Bucs tried to quiet them down.

no class.

...and this I could not believe, given Doc's ties to drum corps....he led a parade of over 10 of them right down the aisle as Bucs kicked into Adagio.

I noticed that myself as we started Adagio (I was just off the 50, 10 steps off the sideline), and remember saying to myslef, "WTF? What's with the old guys coming in NOW?"

wow 117 reads and no comments

Agreed. Was sitting in the endzone on side one during the majority of finals and noticed EXTREMELY loud chatter from behind me during several of the corps performance. Most of these folks were wearing corps-affiliated gear but one particular gentlemen was American Legion... practically yelling during Brigs performance. Asking for a little corps respect went with no response.

Unbelievable.

:worthy::blink::blink:

actually...slightly off topic...but fan ettiquette in general sucked. but this was the worst

We did not hear & were not aware of any of this in the nosebleed seats, but missed about 30% of Bucs' horn show because the corps lined up at the back gate for retreat were screaming and carrying on so loudly. Whatever officials were responsible for allowing that while Reading was on this year owes anyone who paid for a ticket and waited all night to hear them an apology. You can't blame the over 1,000 marching members lined up. In the middle of it, I'd bet they couldn't even hear what was going on in the stadium.

This was the year of lessons from the stands for me. I had lost touch with how differently the audience experiences the show from the marchers. Some of the actions of the corps on the field, whether it be a certain salute, or a uniform change, or whatever, were perceived in a way other than the corps intended. The opposite is true of how the actions of the audience are perceived by the corps. A nameless corps received a lukewarm response from the audience, yet later in their re-telling, they received a standing ovation. I was amazed more than once over the weekend, how quickly rumors and even information that turned out to be factual, spread through the stadium. I chalked this up to certain people's need to be the center of attention outweighing the best interests of the activity. It's a shame. The point? As great as the weekend was, it seems that the American Legion, DCA, the corps (specifically the decision makers) and the fans have room for improvement.

Fan etiquette is definitely lacking in all aspects of this activity. ANY performer in ANY corps deserves respect from the audience. Getting up and down and talking loudly during anyone's performance is the height of utter rudeness. You hear it all the time at all the shows. Being in the Yankee Rebels Alumni corps we are not really a crowd favorite and when on the field you can see and hear all that goes on. Since it is my 15 minutes to be on the field to entertain, at least give the courtesy of leaving before we come on and keeping the conversation in the concession area. The audience that was there was GREAT, although it was small. 10:00AM is awfully early and we would have liked to have played for the larger audience later on but we drew the short straw this year.

We did not hear & were not aware of any of this in the nosebleed seats, but missed about 30% of Bucs' horn show because the corps lined up at the back gate for retreat were screaming and carrying on so loudly. Whatever officials were responsible for allowing that while Reading was on this year owes anyone who paid for a ticket and waited all night to hear them an apology. You can't blame the over 1,000 marching members lined up. In the middle of it, I'd bet they couldn't even hear what was going on in the stadium.

The lineup seemed pretty subdued to me, but I was back in the middle of the pack with the rest of the hornlines. In fact many of us were standing there enjoying hearing as much of the the Buc's performance as we did - I think maybe the problem may have started when someone started passing/throwing out those light sticks/necklaces into the front of the lines next to the entrance.