WHY HASN'T A CORPS DONE RADIOHEAD YET

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree, and have thought so for years now. Paranoid Android is pretty clearly the ideal song of theirs for the field, and The National Anthem could definitely bring the house down. "Pyramid Song," off of "Amnesiac," if arranged creatively and very much abridged, could somehow be a really interesting and haunting intro. I could see the ending of Karma Police (probably my favorite song, by the way) being a powerful ending to a show, sans the screeching at the end, haha. If a corps played "Just," the guitar part from 2:52 or so to around 3:12 would be ridiculously ###### for a trumpet line to pull off. That whole song could have a lot of potential, after having just listened to it. I also can't help but think that one of the later songs on OK Computer, like "Lucky" for example, would also be great.

Nikk.....I'm going to go for OK Computer on this one. Though I like The Bends, I'm with the concensus that OKC was the album the 90's. I tend to lean more towards the "Kid A" side of Radiohead, personally.....though I can understand how people would disagree with that. I just love the side of them that sets them apart from all other bands in their genre (if they even have one).

Also off topic....though I love the fact that the Blue Stars played Final Fantasy music.....I still maintain the fact that a corps should play FF7 music. So much potential there, its amazing.

I think this is the first thread in DCP history that has had EVERYONE agree on something!!! :P

I'm currently trying to get the director of the band I work for to do Radiohead next year. I think it would be a fun show for the kids to do something they recognize. And still be contemporary enough to please the judges here in Indiana.

Edited by boilerman_05

I think this is the first thread in DCP history that has had EVERYONE agree on something!!! :P

I'm currently trying to get the director of the band I work for to do Radiohead next year.  I think it would be a fun show for the kids to do something they recognize.  And still be contemporary enough to please the judges here in Indiana.

Fadeout would be a good ballad, along with many others. Spocks' Beard is another progressive rock band whose music I think would translate well to the field.

I would love to see something like that done on the field, but I don't think a DivI will "risk it" anytime soon.

I dunno about that ... after seeing what the Cadets and Cavaliers (among others) have done over the past few seasons, I wouldn't put anything past the D1 corps.