World Open Trivia

Who had the lowest score ever at The World Open?

Who had the lowest score at the US Open?

Who had the lowest score in DCI World Championships?

NOT JUST WORLD OPEN sorry

Edited by KeithHall

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who had the lowest score ever at The World Open?

IIRC ( and my memory is fading ) it was probably St. Andrew's Bridgemen 1970.

We hung around the stadium at Prelims biting our nails to see if we would make finals. I remember squeaking by the Beverly Cardinals with a score in the low 70's. A 40 minute trip back to our housing site turned into two 1/2 hours in traffic.

Some of us showered and wolfed down some chips and soda as our dinner that day, before we had to turn right around to go back to Finals.

Then we got lost on a "shortcut", along with more traffic back to the stadium. We threw our AF and Honor Guard section out of one of the buses and had them run to the starting line to avoid a late penalty as the buses looked for parking. I think the AF section made it with a minute or two to spare.

Finally, we double-parked blocks away, and sent the hornline single-file to the starting line, 12 paces apart, so the drummers could have time to unload their equipment and the rest of the CG stuff from our truck.

ANYWAY....the Corps came to attention, starting gun went off, and we proceeded to S#$K big time. I think we finished with a 60 point something, 10 points behind the ninth place Corps. If that wasn't the lowest WO Finals score ever, it sure is in the running.

I have nightmares about that show to this day.

Tom K.

a 20th & 21st Century Bridgemen

No sorry not even close

This is overall lowest score overall

St. Andrew's Bridgemen scored a 72.70 in prelims taking 10th place and took 12th in finals with 60.70 what a drop score wise. Ouch!!!

Lowest score at the US Open was probably the Miami Valley Lancers from about 1973-75. They always scored around the 35-40 range.

No sorry not even close

This is overall lowest score overall

St. Andrew's Bridgemen scored a 72.70 in prelims taking 10th place and took 12th in finals with 60.70  what a drop score wise.  Ouch!!!

That was one of those gald we made it Years for us. It was the first time we ever made a national final but I don't think we were that bad.

Iron Cross