Minicorps in PHX,AZ for 2006

BigBoom

AZ connections to DC past and present are alive and well - expand on your adventure! - One SOP and One CG are here!

Superb! We are gaining momentum. If anyone else is out there and interested, please post and we'll set up a friendly meeting to discuss things further.

For a little more detail, I'd like to do a Tower of Power show, or Tower of Power-type show, taking some oldies like perhaps Squib Cakes mixed with some newer things like This Type of Funk, throw in a ballad such as Still a Young Man, and put it all together to make a nice 10 minute show. The exact repetoire is open for discussion but that vein is where I'm coming from, perhaps best summarized as a beat-crazy-motor-booty affair characterized by smokin' brass.

Any other thoughts?

Boom

I imagine that the "underwhelming" response is due to the lack of people on this forum from Phoenix, not due to the lack of interest in such a project.

Joe Stork

Yeah, I can't imagine that the people are not there, you just need to find them.

One of the first things we did in Seattle was to hand out flyers at the local drum corps show. Is there a show in Pheonix? I know that's 9-10 months off, but at least it would be a good place to get the word out to the local DC fans. Colorguard shows may be another good oppurtunity.

Yeah, I can't imagine that the people are not there, you just need to find them.

One of the first things we did in Seattle was to hand out flyers at the local drum corps show. Is there a show in Pheonix? I know that's 9-10 months off, but at least it would be a good place to get the word out to the local DC fans. Colorguard shows may be another good oppurtunity.

There's Academy's show...you might want to see if they'll let you contact their alums...or put together a mini from their jrkids once their season is done (presuming they don't go to nats)

There's Academy's show...you might want to see if they'll let you contact their alums...or put together a mini from their jrkids once their season is done (presuming they don't go to nats)

Thanks for all the good advice. I'm hoping that getting in contact with Academy alums, parents, and supporters such as myself, will help find some players.

All advice is accepted and appreciated, so keep it coming!

Boom

Thanks Strutta and everyone else for the advice and encouragement. We're getting some traction folks! It seems people are out there and interested. Spread the word to anyone you know with brass experience who might be interested in getting this going. An organizational meeting is getting closer with each new person who shows interest.

Boom

AZ connections to DC past and present are alive and well - expand on your adventure! - One SOP and One CG are here!

raladyaz,

I sent you a PM last week and haven't heard anything. If you see this, please post or e-mail me directly at: bigboom014@yahoo.com We're approaching critical mass and I'm putting together an e-mail list to message everyone concerned. We've rounded up 6 or 7 brass players, depending on the day, and I expect to hear from more very soon.

Anybody else out there interested, post or contact me. Things are rolling!

Boom