Troopers

Would you support The Troopers if they switched to Bb insturments and it was okay with thier members,staff,and alunim?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support The Troopers if they switched to Bb insturments and it was okay with thier members,staff,and alunim?

• Yes
    • No

Southwind goes to King Bb instruments this year and look where they ended up this year 15th!  Troopers have gotta either get on board or face the fact they will be a 20ish place corps yearly.  Jim Jones would turn over in his grave if he knew The Troopers were placing so poorly.

Jim would probably turn over in his grave if he knew they were using Bb HORNS as well !!!! b**bs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim would probably turn over in his grave if he knew they were using Bb HORNS as well !!!!  b**bs

Well what would make him turn over MORE?

I got to see the Troopers once this year, in June. Pretty neat show, but if you're talking about traditions (like sticking with G horns), they did not stick to the tradition of doing a sunburst this year... unless I missed seeing it in June or they put it in later on.

I say the Troopers will still be the Troopers if they still have those same uniforms and perform with the same pride that they did 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago. I say they should think about Bb's for the future.

Jim would probably turn over in his grave if he knew they were using Bb HORNS as well !!!!  b**bs

Actually, and somebody correct me if I'm mistaken here....

It was Mr. Jones who suggested way back when that DCI jump from V/R right to 3 valves - skipping over the 2V version altogether. He knew we were going to end up there anyway...and he was right. Mr. Jones was more of a visionary than most gave him credit for.

And if I may be so bold - he wouldn't roll over in his grave when we switch to multi-key brass. He'll be jumping up and down & smiling when the corps returns to the tradition of championship-calibre excellence he instilled so many years ago.

Chuck, Jason, Nick and crew --- wagons ho!

From what I recall reading, it was pretty sound at the time, given the age and condition of some of their old instruments.

The key of the bugle does not a drum corps make. I respect the Troopers in their attempt to retain tradition and maintain the indescribable sound many of us associate with drum corps, however, I don't think the Troopers are soley identified by the G bugle. Were they to drop the western motif, abandon the no-nonesense attitude and demeanor, radically alter the uniform, never again perform a sunburst, then I might worry, but the identity of this group goes far beyond something as intangible as key. Additionally, I don't think the Troopers' continued placement towards the bottom of Division I can be attributed to the G bugle. The corps has, for years, been small, young, inexperienced and plauged with staff turnover. The last few seasons have seen marked improvement in many of these areas that, hopefully, will continue.

Southwind goes to King Bb instruments this year and look where they ended up this year 15th!  Troopers have gotta either get on board or face the fact they will be a 20ish place corps yearly.  Jim Jones would turn over in his grave if he knew The Troopers were placing so poorly.

southwind was definetly not 15....better than years past definetly...check your facts on the 15th place thing