SCV percussion caption heads/arrangers announced

Looks like Denise is putting together a wonderful staff. I would like to welcome Mike and Brian to the SCV family!!! This looks like the start of a very exciting year for SCV!!!

I was just thinking the same thing! :laugh: :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a switch from Pearl to Premier would be a tremendous step down. no way SCV would do that.

Mike and Brian are good guys, good teachers and good, creative and musical writers.

Their lines over the years have played a lot of notes. A lot of cool beats. I look forward to great things from SCV.

FYI, in addition to Mission Viejo and RCC, I'm pretty sure that Mike was VK's caption head the last year or two of its existence.

For those of you complaining that SCV did not draw people from the ranks of its alumni, who exactly do you think was overlooked? Anyone with a good resume and who is willing to spend significant time on the road next summer?

For those of you complaining that SCV did not draw people from the ranks of its alumni, who exactly do you think was overlooked? Anyone with a good resume and who is willing to spend significant time on the road next summer?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm sure Mike and Brian aren't the only ones who were approached. Whether or not they do a great job remains to be seen. Their resumes certainly indicate that they can. I fervently hope that they do. I'm with Paul and Lancerlady on this one ... it sure looks like Denise is assembling a great team. I'm not a bit concerned that Mike and Brian aren't alums. Nobody who taught the corps when I marched was and we did a little bit of all right. Kudos to Pete and Gary, Fred and Bob, Mel and Scott, and Gail for that matter.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this new staff sets the bar.

I don't think SCV is that big of an enigma ... really. You don't have to be a chicken to recognize an egg.

Can someone explain what there is to "get" about SCV that would require alumni to form the percussion staff?

I was wondering the same thing. So long as they know what they're doing, where is it written that the arrangers and instructors for any particular corps have to have marched there?

Edited by Orpheus

No. Stop starting rumors.

Stop telling other members how to post. If there's a problem, report the post.