Myron Rosander at Madison

liebot

It sure would have been nice if they had held on to it, but I think they wanted to have a marching style that would get more reward from the judging community.  As to WHY the Madison marching style of the 1990's didn't get as much judges' recognition, well that might be a topic for another thread.  :P

I don't really care for what they are doing now style wise. The weight is on the back heel and causes some problems on direction changes (swaying and dipping of bodies). They can go back to hip-ball changes but there will have to be a slight change to the way they iniate there step off.

I'm perty sure they changed the old stlye because the new style is easier to clean and make uniform. While the old style was cool with the argessivness of it, some years, it was not very clean and very inconsistant from member to member.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i believe they took third in visual in 04... and you claim that this year was perhaps an off year for myron? well who's to say 04 wasnt an off year for cadets, which would put SCV in 4th for visual? i dont think there was anything innovative and fresh about 04... two folding blocks, oh thats right he changed them to triangels... hmm what else... the lines emerging into blocks/ blocks colapsing into lines... hmm nope.. the 6 pointed asterik looking form that folded into a block... hmm nope... so what was innovative? their drill has been lacking...if you look at 98,99,00,01,02,03,04,and 05 you will see the same moves again and again.... its boring now..

Every corp has their drill move they do again and again. Cavies have their 360-degree-rotating line-in 6 count moves, Cadets have the colliding block that weaves in and out, Phantom has their wedge moves. You see the same corps always doing their same moves all the time. Everybody has their off years. Phantom '98, Cadets '91, Cavies '97, BD '91. You can "what if" all you want. Vanguard's visual under Myron has been consistant to their placing overall. As well as their music. Just chill and give the guy a break.

It's funny as you seem to have the same "kind" of issues in your own posts.  Pot / Kettle = Black

Instead of this becoming yet another hijacked thread of Vanguard news, why not celebrate Mr. Rosander's new page in his awesome career!  Please stay on topic.

Congratulations to Myron Rosander and the Madison Scouts!

1st, I HAVE congratulated Myron in this thread. Twice, I believe.

2nd, the thread is entitled "Myron Rosander to Madison", yet it has been used by a couple of other posters to bash him and his achievements at SCV. You seem to have missed the "hijackers".

Maybe you'll have better luck with your 8th post.

as i believe they took third in visual in 04...

You can believe anything you want. But facts are facts. They were second in the combined visual captions in 2004.

Vis Perf

Cavs 19.7

SCV 19.6

BD 19.4

Ens Vis

Cavs 19.9

BD 19.4

SCV 19.3

CG

Cavs 19.8

SCV 19.6

BD 19.4

Total Visual /2

Cavs 29.7

SCV 29.25

BD 29.10

and you claim that this year was perhaps an off year for myron? well who's to say 04 wasnt an off year for cadets, which would put SCV in 4th for visual?

OK, let's keep playing this silly game. Who's to say you didn't get cut from SCV?

i dont think there was anything innovative and fresh about 04... two folding blocks, oh thats right he changed them to triangels... hmm what else... the lines emerging into blocks/ blocks colapsing into lines... hmm nope.. the 6 pointed asterik looking form that folded into a block... hmm nope... so what was innovative? their drill has been lacking...if you look at 98,99,00,01,02,03,04,and 05 you will see the same moves again and again.... its boring now..

To you. And if that's all you can come up with (exaggerations and generalizations based on personal taste and not facts), then you demonstrate your ignorance in such staggering ways, there's no reason to continue this conversation. Have a great day, and the let the message of this thread ring true: Best of luck to Madison, SCV, Myron Rosander and all the corps members and their staffs in 2006.

To you. And if that's all you can come up with (exaggerations and generalizations based on personal taste and not facts), then you demonstrate your ignorance in such staggering ways, there's no reason to continue this conversation. Have a great day, and the let the message of this thread ring true: Best of luck to Madison, SCV, Myron Rosander and all the corps members and their staffs in 2006.

exaggerations? generalizations? dude... its right from the DVD what facts did i not state?

I'll repeat: His stuff may not be to your aesthetic liking, but the man has earned a lot more respect than you're giving him. Any corps would be fortunate to have such a talented and driven professional collaborating with them.

lol so much for your "facts"... and i give him respect for some of the stuff he's done... but lately its been too much of the same with his drill... thats all i was saying...

lol so much for your "facts"... and i give him respect for some of the stuff he's done... but lately its been too much of the same with his drill... thats all i was saying...

Maybe that's true. But I have noticed sometimes when a designer goes

to a new corps, they get a second wind so to speak. Take Jamie Thompson

for example. He wrote drill for Madison in 03-04 and his design

in my opinion was functional and well staged, but not what I would

call highly innovative. Then this past year he got hired by Phantom

and did an incredible job. His design flowed well with the music

and had moments of brilliant General Efffect.

I think Myron may likewise get a brand new creative surge with Madison

and do wonderful things. At least I'm hoping so.

Edited by madalumni