Myron Rosander at Madison

liebot

A lot of aspects to the 2005 SCV product were controlled by the Programing leadership, which (from many accounts) tied the creative hands of the designers.

Good luck, Myron!

I was wondering if that was the case, because I heard the same thing from some of the visual people at Hawthorne, except in their case it wasn't so much tying hands as trying to force the impossible in DCA. But, they only dropped to 7th.

And yes, good luck Myron!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is degrading into a bash session and should be locked IMO.

...any idiot tht would comment losing a LIFETIME member of the corps (marching member and staff) as being the BEST thing to happen to SCV in 20 years is completely out of touch with reality.

The Last time SCV was innovative in their drill design was 1834 and even then the boulder carrier's could never get in step. :feednotroll: :wall: sorry...got tired of reading unsupported opinions...hope I was kinda funny :angry:

Myron was never a bad writer and will add alot to the Madison Visual Program.

SCV will adjust fine with the change. I anticipate two very successful and competitive summers for these strong and well-aged corps.

This thread is degrading into a bash session and should be locked IMO.

...any idiot tht would comment losing a LIFETIME member of the corps (marching member and staff) as being the BEST thing to happen to SCV in 20 years is completely out of touch with reality.

Similar sentiments were posted when Scott Stewart made his exit from Madison 3 years ago. It may be that the person who said this just happens to believe that so many years of one influence can be less than optimal for expanding the creative boundaries. He just happened to say it inartfully.

8th place finish! Who is out of touch?

Since visual is 50% of the score and SCV has not made a change in 18 years, this has been long overdue.

In the past 18 years SCV has had 5 percussion caption heads but only 1 drill designer. Why???

This is the best thing to happen to SCV.

I look foreword to wonderful new creative things from SCV.

I look foreword to the potential for SCV to win many championships in the future.

After an 8th place, SCV needs hope. They now have the potential for hope.

8th place finish!  Who is out of touch?

Since visual is 50% of the score and SCV has not made a change in 18 years, this has been long overdue.

In the past 18 years SCV has had 5 percussion caption heads but only 1 drill designer.  Why???

This is the best thing to happen to SCV.

I look foreword to wonderful new creative things from SCV.

I look foreword to the potential for SCV to win many championships in the future.

After an 8th place, SCV needs hope.  They now have the potential for hope.

w/Stp: -stupid

8th place finish!  Who is out of touch?

Yes, they finished 8th last year. But they also finished third just one year earlier. Did Myron really lose it all in just one year? If visual is 50% of the score, as you are quick to point out, doesn't Myron deserve as much credit as the blame you're giving him now?

I swear, the responses in this thread are knee-jerk at best, malicious at worst.

No, I don't think Myron is the second coming. I think, as someone pointed out, that he sometimes writes drill that simply can't be performed at a championship level. But he is also unquestionably one of the best visual minds out there. I look forward to seeing his work with Madison. :)

Let's hope this is the case and that the current slide is reversed. If it continues at the same rate.....the string of making every finals is in jeopardy.......

I don't think anybody wants to see that happen..............

The Last time SCV was innovative in their drill design was 1834 and even then the boulder carrier's could never get in step.

b**bs :spit:

that was freaking great.....

personally, I think the musket line of 1835 was one of the all time greats! But we've all heard the story of the horrible accident involving the timpani carrying horsemen at whitewater that year.....and who could forget their fife execution scores at colonial championships!

FM.....delete at will!

Edited by SCVdrums