Myron Rosander at Madison

liebot

I think it's a great addition to the Madison Scout family, and I think Myron will do a great job. Madison's drills in the past have also been fantastic, and I rarely dislike anything they do.

Let's also hope that SCV will re-load with great talent because they are losing some wonderful staff members. But folks, I must tell you that there are some excellent young, talented, and very energetic staff members coming up through the ranks, if you will, and I think SCV can land some amazing people to take them in the next direction.

Be careful of all this talk about "look out for" so and so this year, because you really never know where that next great staff and corps will come from. Back in the early 80s people like George Zingali, Marc Sylvester, Denise Bonfigilo, Thom Hannum, Jim Prime, Jr., Michael and Greg Cesario, and Geroge Hopkins, and a young Doctor at the time (Richard Santo, who was the corps' director until 1982 and who helped to put this staff together) were not household names in the drum corps community. Well, perhaps Zingali was already somewhat famous, but not nearly to the extent that he would become by 1985. Most people knew nothing about this young staff, but they came together and learned, developed a chemistry, and worked tirelessly, and look what happened.

SCV will be fine and so will Madison. But the last time I checked the amazing Cavaliers staff has stayed intact for the most part, only adding a wonderful percussion instructor to the team. The Cadets amazing staff is going nowhere, and the Blue Devils amazing staff is only going to remain strong for a long time.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, what was ensemble brass and now is ensemble music has kept SCV out of the title for many years while the visual score has carried the corps.  However, there have also been times that the ensemble music score suffered because the visual demand did not take into consideration how it would be almost impossible to create a great musical ensemble.  In 2003, for example, I had a few friends who would actually place bets to see whether side 1 or side 2 would win during the first 45 seconds of the show.  Which one would have better control of pulse?  Which one would have a better sense of style?  There is good staging, bad staging, and selfish staging.  And then there is Myron staging.  Good luck, Madison.

um, as someone who marched that show, ill tell ya that at first it was kinda hard. but if you listen to the finals recording, i think it speaks for itself.

Sal Salas just keeps upgrading the Madison machine. Look at the improvement in their percussion section, from 12th to 4th in one year. McNutt and Moyer wrote a great book, IMO, some of the best writing in DCI, and now the addition of a quality guy like Myron!!!! If Madison can refine their brassline (Kings?) and continue to improve the guard they could be quite dangerous in 06.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

Sal Salas just keeps upgrading the Madison machine. Look at the improvement in their percussion section, from 12th to 4th in one year. McNutt and Moyer  wrote a great book, IMO, some of the best writing in DCI, and now the addition of a quality guy like Myron!!!! If Madison can refine their brassline (Kings?) and continue to improve the guard they could be quite dangerous in 06.

Lets just hope for a few things....

#1) The brass line switches to a real set of instruments. And has the power it used too. (no I'm not talking G, I'm talking get rid of the Nastys!) Come on...they used to produce more sound with a better quality when they were marching 65. Last year they were loud, but nothing compared to the Stewart era.

#2) Myron realizes how important it is to have at least 1 Fleur-de-Lis on the field. What ever happened to the MADISON entrance! Long company front, flip into FDL. :angry:

#3) Please Bring back that aggresive marching style! It's not MADISON!!!

On the other hand......great job with the drumline and show design. Well except for the whole ending thing.

Please MYRON...if you do anything....get the design team to create a true Madison Ending!!

Thank You!

#3) Please Bring back that aggresive marching style!  It's not MADISON!!!

It sure would have been nice if they had held on to it, but I think they wanted to have a marching style that would get more reward from the judging community. As to WHY the Madison marching style of the 1990's didn't get as much judges' recognition, well that might be a topic for another thread. :P

Let's just hope that the engineer of last year's train wreck isn't still at the switch.

It's pretty apparent that your issues with Mr. Rosander go beyond drum corps. I'd suggest you find another outlet for them!

It's funny as you seem to have the same "kind" of issues in your own posts. Pot / Kettle = Black

Instead of this becoming yet another hijacked thread of Vanguard news, why not celebrate Mr. Rosander's new page in his awesome career! Please stay on topic.

Congratulations to Myron Rosander and the Madison Scouts!