An unusual Renegades' staff opening

So, let me get this straight, I've taught the Reading Buccaneers cymbal line for the past 3 years, this past year winning the dca best showmanship award, which I don't know if that's ever gone to a cymbal line before, and in 2003 winning the best cymbal line award, which they don't give out anymore. Before that I taught cymbals for the Bucs in 98 and 99, empire in 2002. In those years of 2000 and 2001 I taught cymbals for the Bluecoats drum and bugle corps. For the past 4 years, I've been teaching cymbals for Aftermath indoor percussion ensemble, winning WGI sabian fan favorite cymbal line award for the 2002 season. And I won't even go into all the high school lines that I've taught.

So Lee, after saying all that, are you saying there is a cymbal tech position that I'm not qualified for?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But are they as LOUD????

Probably not. In the 83? Blue Devils the soprano's all picked up colored Paiste cymbals during drum solo. These were the cheep lightweight marching band cymbals. When you listen to the recording you cannot tell that there are something like 30 cymbals crashing. Now the real cymbal players had some heavy-duty models and those suckers put out a sound!! :blink:

This reminds me of the 82 BD victory show. Bill Swaim "future mayor of Concord" hit his cymbals together so hard that they inverted. There is video of him during the show stomping on his cymbals to re-invert them. Yeah, early 80's drum corps understood the whole loud is good philosophy.

So, let me get this straight, I've taught the Reading Buccaneers cymbal line for the past 3 years, this past year winning the dca best showmanship award, which I don't know if that's ever gone to a cymbal line before, and in 2003 winning the best cymbal line award, which they don't give out anymore.  Before that I taught cymbals for the Bucs in 98 and 99, empire in 2002.  In those years of 2000 and 2001 I taught cymbals for the Bluecoats drum and bugle corps.  For the past 4 years, I've been teaching cymbals for Aftermath indoor percussion ensemble, winning WGI sabian fan favorite cymbal line award for the 2002 season. And I won't even go into all the high school lines that I've taught.

So Lee, after saying all that, are you saying there is a cymbal tech position that I'm not qualified for?

Ha

Ha Ha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a great first post! Welcome to DCP.

Oh, and congrats to the Bucs cymbal line. We watched you guys warm in 2003 and came up and introduced ourselves. (we being the Renegades cymbal line.) You guys are waay fun to watch. Great job.

So, let me get this straight, I've taught the Reading Buccaneers cymbal line for the past 3 years, this past year winning the dca best showmanship award, which I don't know if that's ever gone to a cymbal line before, and in 2003 winning the best cymbal line award, which they don't give out anymore.  Before that I taught cymbals for the Bucs in 98 and 99, empire in 2002.  In those years of 2000 and 2001 I taught cymbals for the Bluecoats drum and bugle corps.  For the past 4 years, I've been teaching cymbals for Aftermath indoor percussion ensemble, winning WGI sabian fan favorite cymbal line award for the 2002 season. And I won't even go into all the high school lines that I've taught.

Yes. ^0^