2006 standings

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not underestimate the jackson Generals.

They sounded awesome in rockmart.

If they get thier recruiting right this year and become competitive,,look out class A.

Class A was THE surprise of 2005. A lot of competitive corps and plenty of room for improvement. Bye the way...don't count out LAKESHOREMEN. Responses to the season have been fantastic. Look for even more of what we brought out east next year. Can you say...top 3???

^0^

17) Chops, Inc.

Class A

1) Heatwave

2) Governaires

3) Gulf Coast Sound

Wow, and we haven't even seen our numbers yet... But, if one wants to look at things realistically, I would predict (and hope) that you won't see us in Open until 2007. My own opinion, but slow-and-steady seems like a better growth pattern.

And no matter what, I think that as long as they keep heading out to DCA the Govies will be a fixture at Class A Finals. They are the epitome of the small corps, IMHO, and the organization has some secret formula that will keep on working for them. They play fantastic, look fantastic, and entertain the #### out of the crowd.

I predict that the Hooter's All Girl Drum & Bugle Corps will win

Where can I find their rehearsal site?

This is so easy, I'll tell you how it goes...

1. East coast corps

2. East coast corps

3. East coast corps

4. MBI

5. Renegades

6. East coast corps

7. East coast corps

8. Southern corps

9. Southern corps

10. East coast corps

Sorry 'Gades, our turn to place ahead of you again.

Insert miscellaneous disclaimers here, please don't take any of this seriously.

This gets my vote for the funniest reply... But, then again, this is a common MN drum corps running gag.

14. Chops Inc. (if they have enough for an open class corps they could make finals )

Again, big fat "if". I stated my own opinon earlier in this post. There are plenty of people in the Minneapolis area for Brass to retain there numbers as well as Chops to grow to a full-sized open class corps, but keep in mind that despite what happened in Scranton this year we still have that seven-year reputation of being the silly little corps from Minneapolis that made people laugh and never won anything (not true, we did win a show in 2000... but it was rained out after Chops left the field. But I digress...). And the "serious" drum & bugle corps people tended to join up with Brass because of this stigma. Talking with people back here at home, there's still a bit of shock about it and it may take a year before the whole "Chops did WHAT?" thing blows over and people stop avoiding us because they don't thing we're worht the effort.

Sorry about soapboxing there... Especially since it was a bit off-topic. Anywho...

I think the fans will win. I think a great DCA year is upon us.

YES! YES! YES! I've only seen two DCA Championships in my life. And I have been entertained and amazed in some degree by every corps I've seen on the field. Even if things don't get any better than this year, the fans will definitely be winning.

Class A was THE surprise of 2005. A lot of competitive corps and plenty of room for improvement.

No crap. DCA could even start thinking of finding a way to expand Class A to five finalists... I can't imagine it was easy to pick just three corps out of the high-quality small corps that were fielded.

10. FRONTIER.(I honestly think this corps could shake things up)

And burn things.

May I recommend the Grilled and blackened Ma-hi Ma-hi or the Grilled Grouper??Two of my favorite dishes at the Wing House.

Its a huge piece of fish on a nice size bun.I generally get a to-go box and eat the other half for a late night snack its so big.

Ohh,,I hear they have good wings too.

Take it easy on the heat at first.This is not Hooters diluted sauce we are talking about.It has real flavor and kick.

I believe that the best wings in Orlando, FL are at little family bar called Tom and Mony's on Orange Ave. My husband and I loved them when we lived there. Although as I progressed in my pregnancy I had to go milder on the wings because my heartburn was out of this world. They also serve RC Cola on tap and have a great assortment of awesome finger foods. I hear they have real food too, but I never found a need for such stuff. I haven't found wings that hold a candle to Tom and Mony's here in Memphis.

Here is a prediction that you can take to the bank.

The Cabs will definitely be somewhere in the top ten. How's that for stepping out on a limb?

Good luck to everyone on their next season.

Mike Ryan

I expect us to be in 10th place in class A, again. I also expecting at least 15 corps in class A though :)

my newest prediction is someone makes a prediction, and people get ###### off at that prediction