VK Returns?

And if ANYONE has any issues with anything that could be construed as "unethical" when it comes to VK and whether or not THIS is what I used to be in REBORN AGAIN, it would be me.

I've had a lot of dialog with a certain very nice official representative of VK Youth Arts Organization, and they are doing things RIGHT. And I can't put myself into being a spokesmen for them because it ain't my gig. But I CAN be a concerned alumni, current fan, and interested bystander to at least ask THEM the questions about the organization. I had questions. I asked. And the answer--unless it's a bald-faced lie, which it isn't--made me realize that this organization is definitely on the right road, definitely going the slow route, and definitely calling themselves VK for now with an eye to the LEGAL incorporation of the FULL name we all know and love.

But it's the same thing.

We always called it VK anyway, didn't we?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That isn't unethical. That's the way it works. They aren't "changing the name." They've created an entirely new business with a different name. They may claim inspiration from the Velvet Knights entity, but they are not the same entity. Nothing unethical about this at all, from best I can determine. You can call it nostalgic, or lacking creativity, to use the same logo as that previous entity, but unless the Velvet Knights entity sues them to prevent the usage, they are free to do so as I understand the law.

The old VK owed people a lot of money. They should be prepared for that to come out of the woodwork.

The old VK owed people a lot of money. They should be prepared for that to come out of the woodwork.

That is an issue for the old Velvet Knights entity, its Board of Directors and officers. I suspect it has little bearing on the new entity in any legal sense.

And I know we've hashed that over before (the whole money being owed thing). Like I said, unless I'm being lied to, which I'm 100% confident I'm not, VK is being restarted with a definite eye (and resources) towards being legally and fiscally sound from the get-go.

The way it OUGHT to be.