News! updated

I have to admit I’m getting a little anxious. Having been a part of this process in the past I’m well aware of what an important and difficult decision this is. That being said one does get a little worried when the BOD misses its self imposed deadline. Last unofficial word I heard was the board was at the background check stage. Maybe there has been an unexpected and last minute candidate. I read on another forum (BD) that GH was unhappy in Cadet land. Could he be thinking of jumping ship and joining SCV? Maybe he would like to be known as the Bill Parcels of DCI. This is all speculation, but stranger things have happened.

Paul

if thats the case, i cant help but think that this is coming Bizarro-DCI. I never would have thought all these people who have strong ties to corps leaving to join other competitors, but hey, theres personal reasons abound for that.

like musical chairs....but not really.

what? :lol:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how news gets to this ex-VK DM....I'll just say I'm PRETTY DANG EXCITED for SCV based on first-hand info passed to me. When the announcement gets made, you will see that SCV is in FINE FINE hands. The least of which is that Mike Jackson is an AWESOME choice for their drum line. I think Mike is a great person, and a great choice.

I was one of the "doubters" and concerned parties last summer with my reviews when I saw SCV. If the corps goes the direction they're going, I know I'll be breathing much easier. And besides, with all due respect to Chris Nalls (who would be BEYOND awesome and qualified for the position), Denise would be great in the position if BOD can't find someone.

Me thinks folks need to chill...right Paul? :)

Funny how word Travels even to the other coast and yes you are right they are in Fine hands. It would be really Evil for me to say anything more.

I read on another forum (BD) that GH was unhappy in Cadet land. Could he be thinking of jumping ship and joining SCV? Maybe he would like to be known as the Bill Parcels of DCI. This is all speculation, but stranger things have happened.

Paul

I read Smead,

OH PLEASE DON"T EVEN TRY TO CAUSE DRAMA. GH is not going anywhere. Fact!!!.. Especailly after winning DCI Please.

I might not agree with some of he idea's But I know he is not going any place. So confident in that if he does I will stand on the 50 yard line at DCI's and eat my left Shoe..

"And one day in band came"

Director aside...what about the instructional staff? I know they have announced designers/caption heads, but what about the instructional staff? Drumline? PIT? Brass? Any news at all? It IS November. I am really curious who Mike Jackson assembles for a a drum staff.

No designation of a program co-ordinator either, or does Reed+Shostakovich still = program?

Funny how word Travels even to the other coast and yes you are right they are in Fine hands. It would be really Evil for me to say anything more.

Hopefully, the insinuations that you guys know something means that an announcement is finally imminent.

Director aside...what about the instructional staff? I know they have announced designers/caption heads, but what about the instructional staff? Drumline? PIT? Brass? Any news at all? It IS November. I am really curious who Mike Jackson assembles for a a drum staff.

from what i have heard the Jonathan Steele and Kent Cater will remain as bass staff, with the adition of Chris Cyr (sp?) as the full-time tech.

i've also heard the same cymbal staff will be in place (sorry, forgot names)

i dunno about the rest....

I have to admit I’m getting a little anxious. Having been a part of this process in the past I’m well aware of what an important and difficult decision this is. That being said one does get a little worried when the BOD misses its self imposed deadline. Last unofficial word I heard was the board was at the background check stage. Maybe there has been an unexpected and last minute candidate. I read on another forum (BD) that GH was unhappy in Cadet land. Could he be thinking of jumping ship and joining SCV? Maybe he would like to be known as the Bill Parcels of DCI. This is all speculation, but stranger things have happened.

Paul

b**bs Bill Parcells of DCI, watch it Paul he's an Eagles Fan... :P

No designation of a program co-ordinator either?

Mike McCool has been has been hired as Program Coordinator.