Who's New in 2006?

Give us some real info about KK. Please no untrue stuff.

he probably assumed it from the topic about Troopers...some people where thinking the DCI removing Troopers from Div I had to do with low placements in Finals (this was before the other information came out) and someone suggested that KK and Pioneer should also be moved down. No corps (except Troopers [come back strong in '07 Troop]) are leaving Div I.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not assuming anything... that is what I heard.

I also heard they placed a 110 member minimum on DCI division 1, and that would be the reason KK dropped... am I recieving false information?

~>conner

uh, no.

It's a person... I think maybe he just misunderstood something.

~>conner

I also heard they placed a 110 member minimum on DCI division 1, and that would be the reason KK dropped... am I recieving false information?

~>conner

It's not even time yet for audition camps, so how can a corps possibly know how much members they will have for the next season?

~>conner

He got part of it right.

There's a 110 member minimum when appling for DIV I status, I believe it's part of the evaluation process. If there was a rule for a minimum number a few corps would have been dropped a long time ago. But I don't think any corps in DIV 1 Purposely field a corps under 110.

There's a 110 member minimum when appling for DIV I status

when did that happen? i never heard that. but even if that is true, as you said it wouldn't apply to corps already in Div I, so Kiwanis has nothing to worry about.

Conner, yes I would assume you received false information.

Edited by tubawarrior

Check this out ... West Central Wisconsin ...

http://www.cvbrigade.org/

Quite cool! Doesn't sound like the will field a competative corps in 2006

" Initially, the Brigade’s summer performance schedule will largely consist of regional parades, as we build our program - but we will also be working on a field show for local exhibitions. When ready, the Corps will enter into the field of competition.

Over the course of a season, members will learn to test their limits, make solid friendships, travel hundreds of miles throughout the region & gain the confidence that comes with learning to perform with precision."

But it is a step in a very good direction!

Jim