2007- 35TH DCI Anniversary

Okay,.... so we now have "Retro" Music, "Retro" Marketing and Advertising, 70's sitcoms brought back as full length movies..... and everywhere we look, a theme on "re-creating" everything from the VW Bug to "Dance" Music (aka Disco 30 years later)

WHAT IF!!!!.....What if to celebrate DCI's 35th Anniversary in 2007, each corps agreed to recreate a former show of their own and collectively presented a RETRO DCI Year of the 35th. Take last year's Theatre Event to a new level. Let's see the 1989 SCV show compete against 76 BD or any other combinations.

Take this year's Top 12 and let's suggest the best RETRO Shows. Hey, who's to say this couldn't happen for one selected year???? Would love to see it.... and would like some input for each members' best RETRO Show.... It can be an entire year, or selections from various years!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Suncoast is no longer with us, I'd like to see Bluecoats give the Vietnam Show, A Florida Suite, or Adventures In Time (1984-86) a try.

Phantom Regiment- Spartacus (1981-82)

Cadets- Bernstein's Mass (1983)

Spirit- Porgy and Bess (1984) But they'd have to use the way-back machine so Hunter would be able to play.

Edited by skajerk

How'd I leave that off my list??? Thanks, Sam. Best ^%$*# 2nd place show I've ever seen/heard!

I'd also like to hear someone take on Caroline Encounters Tom Swift and His Marvelous Jazz Rock Machine (Valley Fever, 1982) B)

What about relatively new corps like Crown? I guess I wouldn't have a problem with considering Bohemian Rhapsody retro :) Or since we've been talking a lot about the Crown/Star connection, what about Roman Images? ^0^

These are all good ideas - especially '84 Blue s. However, what you WILL see at DCI 2007 is the return of the Anaheim Kingsmen (Alumni Corps) going on last at semi-finals, honoring the 35th anniversary of their winning the first DCI Championship.

Edited by FHBob