Old Senior Corps Pictures

Here's another Cincinnati area corps of the past for Cincydrummer. Do you remember this one Ted?

Actually Massillon is in northern Ohio near Cleveland/Akron area. The Mt. Healthy, Norwood and Forestville groups all had former members who were I either my corps directors, instructors or fellow member(s) in one case. If anyone has any old membership rosters or even better stories I'd greatly appreciate that.

Ted

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Massillon is in northern Ohio near Cleveland/Akron area. The Mt. Healthy, Norwood and Forestville groups all had former members who were I either my corps directors, instructors or fellow member(s) in one case. If anyone has any old membership rosters or even better stories I'd greatly appreciate that.

Ted

Thanks Ted,

I am not as familiar with Ohio as I thought.

OK, so is this the Norwood Corps you remember?

Leland M. Barnett American Legion Post #123 (Norwood, OH)

LMBarnett28.jpg

1928 American Legion Nationals (Miami, FL)

OK, so is this the Norwood Corps you remember?

That is the Norwood post. Norwood is a small suburb of Cincinnati, kind of a city within a city. It's surrounded by Cincinnati.

Do you have anything from Northern Kentucky, say Covington, Dayton, Ft. Thomas or Bellevue?

It always seemed like the jr. corps rivalry around here was based in the unfinished business of the, by my time 1973, defunct seniors. The sr. members went on to start jr. corps to prove that they could do drum corps better than the other posts. An ego thing I guess.

Ted

Meuli-Kelean American Legion Ladies Aux. Unit #77 (Chippewa Falls, WI)

MK77.jpg

Henry H. Houston II American Legion Post #3 (Germantown, PA)

HHH38.jpg

1938 American Legion Nationals - Los Angeles, CA

I found this video footage from the 1939 World's Fair on Treasure Island. Yes, this is Site X where the Renegades practice.

The video shows a corps near the end of clip and it only shows the corps marching away. I think it's the San Gabriel Dons from AL Post #442. Can anyone confirm?

The clip can be found at:

1939 World's Fair Parade - Treasure Island

They might be the San Joaquin Cabaleros ????

Any more pictures of Cincinnati area Sr. corps or additional info on membership etc.?

Ted Boliske

FMM Queen City Cadets 1973-78

Check out Old Ohio Senior drum Corps on Yahoo Groups site......

Any more pictures of Cincinnati area Sr. corps or additional info on membership etc.?

Ted Boliske

FMM Queen City Cadets 1973-78

Check out Old Ohio Senior drum Corps on Yahoo Groups site......