Kingsmen to perform at DCI in 2007

From the Kingsmen Alumni Forum...

Today in a phone conversation, Dan Acheshon extended an invitation for the Kingsmen Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps to perform as the final corps at the 2007 DCI SEMIFINALS! For those who haven't been, this is a HUGE show. There are nearly as many people at the Semis as there are at finals because there are 17 corps competing for the final 12 spots; emotions are running high, and competition is fierce. We'll be the final corps of the evening, so our beautiful uniforms, fantastic music and intense performance will shine!

He's amazed we've come so far so quickly with our membership (as of this writing) well over 170 people! He did pose one condition, and that is we have to put our money where our mouth is, so to speak. He'll be coming out to SoCal several times over the next couple of years to oversee the week-long event, and is looking forward to seeing what we have to offer.

So ladies and gentlemen, it's all on us now. We have a lot of work to do, recruiting, rehearsing and putting together a show that will be talked about for years. We're up to it, and I for one am going to go throw a few quads in celebration!

To read more or to sign up for this opportunity, visit http://www.xkingsmen.com

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is awesome...Kingsmen are my all time favorite corps. The first time I swa was in Batavia NY in 1969...their horn line was simply amazing even then, years ahead of anyone in technique stuff. We watched them warm up with our jaws to the floor.

Donny

Mildly off-topic, but what's the story with this Kingsmen Starcorps? Are they a new junior corps forming? Are they an official offspring of the old Kingsmen? I'd just never heard of them until I saw the above website.

Edited by CallipygianKing

I'm in! B)

Sweet! :rolleyes:

That's 48 sops... (or does LD make it an even 50?)

I'm in! B)

I saw you as a new registered member the other day on the site.....maybe you can help us locate a few Kingsmen alumni that marched BD as well....we have a few on board....Welcome!

Mildly off-topic, but what's the story with this Kingsmen Starcorps? Are they a new junior corps forming? Are they an official offspring of the old Kingsmen? I'd just never heard of them until I saw the above website.

Not only did the Kingsmen alumni corp form to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the 1972 DCI Champion Kingsmen, but also to introduce the Kingsmen Starcorps as well...they will be entering competition in 2006 or 2007...they will be a Jr. Corps run by the alumni...and yes, they are an official offspring of the old Kingsmen...same uniforms,...same class!