Academy Going to Madison!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout you chill and take it all in good fun?:P Anyone who's seen The Academy knows they're good--- REAL good. And anyone who thinks they aren't a serious threat to the title is fooling themselves.

News Flash: I am chilled out. I'll be chillin' even more outer when more people take me up on the bet.

No offense, but anyone that thinks any corps is a shoe-in for any championship 9 months before the championships take place is the fool.

:mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

this sounds great, i've heard great things and have never seen them. i'm looking forward to it. :)

News Flash: I am chilled out. I'll be chillin' even more outer when more people take me up on the bet.

No offense, but anyone that thinks any corps is a shoe-in for any championship 9 months before the championships take place is the fool.

:mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

Whoa, slow down there Turbo, it's all meant in good heart. No one's saying, "Oh, the rest of Div. II sucks; those kids aren't deserving of respect; blah blah blah..." There's always room for a little competitive ball-busting :P It keeps things interesting and fun :)

And actually it's really not that hard to see The Academy being a serious threat for the title. Have they got a good organization? yes. Have they been solid? yes. Have they been smart? yes. Have they got the talent? yes. Have they got the staff? yes. Have they got the drive? yes. Have they been on another level against their competition? yes. (relatively speaking, yeah, I know) Is this all personal opinion? perhaps, but not unfounded in the least. Anyone who's seen them could agree.

Seriously, give em some credit, they've done some amazing things in a short amount of time and have built a financially, educationally, and competitively solid organization in a place where many thought no corps could survive. No one has to throw they're money at you to prove their point. Instead, how bout a simple "Right on, you were right!" when the time comes? And if it'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, I'll even add the cool :worthy: icon to make it extra special :)

Whoa, slow down there Turbo, it's all meant in good heart. No one's saying, "Oh, the rest of Div. II sucks; those kids aren't deserving of respect; blah blah blah..." There's always room for a little competitive ball-busting :P It keeps things interesting and fun :)

And actually it's really not that hard to see The Academy being a serious threat for the title. Have they got a good organization? yes. Have they been solid? yes. Have they been smart? yes. Have they got the talent? yes. Have they got the staff? yes. Have they got the drive? yes. Have they been on another level against their competition? yes. (relatively speaking, yeah, I know) Is this all personal opinion? perhaps, but not unfounded in the least. Anyone who's seen them could agree.

Seriously, give em some credit, they've done some amazing things in a short amount of time and have built a financially, educationally, and competitively solid organization in a place where many thought no corps could survive. No one has to throw they're money at you to prove their point. Instead, how bout a simple "Right on, you were right!" when the time comes? And if it'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, I'll even add the cool :worthy: icon to make it extra special :)

:spit:

However you want to "dress it up," you're still shoeing them in for the Championship 9 months before it takes place.

:spit:

However you want to "dress it up," you're still shoeing them in for the Championship 9 months before it takes place.

Not trying to "dress" anything up, and not saying they're a shoe-in for the championship. Are they a serious threat? In my opinion, yes. Like I said, just a little competitive ball-busting. I'm sorry sarcasm doesn't translate well online. Not everything on here has to be so serious--- geez people, lighten up. :) :P

If anyone would like to continue this discussion, PM me. Then we can still have our little #####-fest and let the discussion get back on topic. Deal? :)

Edited by PCOP_trumpet04

I think all the Academy shoe in people left this thread a while back. Maybe someone should have a pre thanksgiving poll, followed by a mid preseason poll, then preseason poll, then mid season poll, followed by a pre finals week poll.

We'll see how many people jump on and off the respective band wagons during that time. Me, I'll just sit back and watch. Then I'll go to my shows and post my opinion of the shows. But, I'll stick with my policy of NOT picking champions 9 months in advance.

Hey PCOP, any predictions for the 2007 season while we are at it?

Jonny,

p.s. I like sarcasm also, and yes it doesn't always translate to the little screen.

Crown has always had the potential of following in the Star footsteps...they have no real identity as far as traditions, so it would be easy for them to take on new concepts every year without too much mass objections. They do have Donny vanDoren working with their brass!!! (secret weapon behind Garfield, Star's powerful hornlines) ...they should be using Jay Bocook (88/89 Spirit arranger, 93-present Cadets)..he is a native of South Carolina and is director of Athletic Bands for Furman University, right down the road. There is a connection between Cadets and Crown...at one time Crown was the sister corps and George Hopkins consulted with many management processes, schedule/season processes, etc. Crown should ditch the boring show designs and look to the winter marching activities for inspiration ala 93 Star.

Sorry to be off topic but Donnie Van Doren is now going to work with the Blue Stars for the 06 season.

Sorry to be off topic but Donnie Van Doren is now going to work with the Blue Stars for the 06 season.

Sorry to be off topic... But Donnie will be a CONSULTANT for B** I doubt he will be around very much. He will more than likley remain with another team as well. :P

Best of luck to Academy in Madison!

Edited by upperleadlove