Academy Going to Madison!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the "even better kids" remark, I meant that these are some really quality kids. Unfortunately, the good kids aren't the kind who get a lot of press anymore. They deserve it. They perform one hel! of a show, but they don't act like they think they're the next big thing. Classy!

Shouldn't this topic be in the Div 2/3 forum?

I'll bite anyway: Kudos to the Academy family for putting together a great startup corps. But, this corps hasn't even had a full season under its belt and some are declaring it Div 2 champs? I am also very excited that a new corps is coming to Madision, a seemingly well run one at that. I hope declaring them champs already is just wishfull thinking and not an actual prediction. Saying "who will be second, that is the question" gives no respect to the rest of Div 2. This is almost like saying Div 2 is so horrible that anyone with their stuff together can walk in and stroll out with the championship.

I wish Acdemy all the luck they require to help the member's and staff's hardwork payoff (a little luck never hurts in the quest for a successfull season). Can we please refrain from placement predictions until say.....the season even starts? Anyone who still thinks this corps is the next champion of Div 2 as of today I will gladly acept the first 10 people willing to bet me $100 on this question. I will be in the stands at Camp Randal to collect my cash. Heck, this may even pay for my super 3 tickets!

Free pizza is always good. Are good kids always good marchers? I would say yes...and please pm me if anyone is taking me up on the $100 bet offer.

Free pizza is always good. Are good kids always good marchers? I would say yes...and please pm me if anyone is taking me up on the $100 bet offer.

Nah...free pizza isn't always good...it goes bad after a day or two.

And good kids aren't always good marchers, the same way good marchers aren't always good kids. The two are not hand in hand...again, we could use the venn diagram capabilities in this situation.

Shouldn't this topic be in the Div 2/3 forum?

I'll bite anyway: Kudos to the Academy family for putting together a great startup corps. But, this corps hasn't even had a full season under its belt and some are declaring it Div 2 champs? I am also very excited that a new corps is coming to Madision, a seemingly well run one at that. I hope declaring them champs already is just wishfull thinking and not an actual prediction. Saying "who will be second, that is the question" gives no respect to the rest of Div 2. This is almost like saying Div 2 is so horrible that anyone with their stuff together can walk in and stroll out with the championship.

I wish Acdemy all the luck they require to help the member's and staff's hardwork payoff (a little luck never hurts in the quest for a successfull season). Can we please refrain from placement predictions until say.....the season even starts? Anyone who still thinks this corps is the next champion of Div 2 as of today I will gladly acept the first 10 people willing to bet me $100 on this question. I will be in the stands at Camp Randal to collect my cash. Heck, this may even pay for my super 3 tickets!

How bout you chill and take it all in good fun?:P Anyone who's seen The Academy knows they're good--- REAL good. And anyone who thinks they aren't a serious threat to the title is fooling themselves.

Cheer up emo kid--- happy can be fun too!! :)

How bout you chill and take it all in good fun?:P Anyone who's seen The Academy knows they're good--- REAL good. And anyone who thinks they aren't a serious threat to the title is fooling themselves.

Cheer up emo kid--- happy can be fun too!! :)

I have them in the top 5, myself. Good kids, good pizza...leads to good scores.

Actually they all do think that they are going to win...a little cocky if you ask me. The main reason why they are good is because they practice every weekend....if any corps practiced every weekend with 90% attendance then you'd be just as good. It helps being small and having all the kids from Arizona, once they get a majority of out of state they won' t be able to do every weekend. But I do think their excutive director, Mark, is a start guy when it comes to marching...his high school band is very good.