Academy Going to Madison!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That IS great news. I have never seen them before, so I will be very excited to see them in Madison next year. I was impressed with their scores last year in some of the early season shows on the West Coast. Very cool to hear that they are going to finals. Do you think that they will make Thursday or Friday afternoon appearances at Finals with the new div II/III competition format???

This is huge news!! Academy is going to make a major splash in Madison. Well run corps, great show, even better kids. Class act all the way. Major props to Academy! :peek::unsure::worthy:

"Presenting, your 2006 Division II champions..." B)

AWESOME!!!

It's always great to see new corps at finals week. Best of luck to Academy!!!!

Do you think that they will make Thursday or Friday afternoon appearances at Finals with the new div II/III competition format???

Without a doubt. If they put out a product like they have in the past 2 years of limited competition, the only question left unanswered will be how they would've placed against the Div. I competition.

What would it take for them to pull an '02 Magic and make DI finals as a DII corps? Do they have to declare that they will be DI in 07? (which they are not planning on doing) Can you even "declare DI and play DI Semis" any more with the new rules?

Given their product the last two years, I'd like to see the Vegas odds on them winning DII. Probably something like 13:12...

I know they made a very favorable impression on some SCV kids I talked to. They were apparently together on their limited tour. I think Academy also did a Shostakovich show. Sorry I missed it.

Academy performed selections from Shostakovich's Piano Concerto No. 2. Unfortunately, the APD is no longer available from DCI.