The official "Who is that soloist?" topic?

Kent Rochau. I know he played trumpet in the UW band-haven't seen him since '88 finals. I hope he's in on the reunion! (I got the closeup at the end of his solo..)

Thanks for telling me. If he is at the reunion, please tell him I have worshipped his playing from afar...since that day! b**bs :music:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for telling me. If he is at the reunion, please tell him I have worshipped his playing from afar...since that day! b**bs :music:

:music: b**bs :worthy: b**bs :music: b**bs

I have too. Also, the baritone soloist at the beginning of the piece...who was that???? What style, what class. That part of the show always gave me goosebumps cuz I knew what was coming. The way he casually "strolled" foward was just awesome.

One of my favorite shows of all time.

I'll say it...89 Devils.

I must admit...one of the first thoughts that came to my mind. Glad you said it first though. :sshh:

:music: b**bs :music: b**bs :worthy: b**bs

Also, the baritone soloist at the beginning of the piece...who was that???? What style, what class. That part of the show always gave me goosebumps cuz I knew what was coming. The way he casually "strolled" foward was just awesome.

That was Clay Waccholz. He was the baritone soloist during Slaughter in 1989 as well. Taught the Scouts for a long time, taught Cap Sound, taught Regiment last year. He's a great guy.

Who was the girl mello soloist from the three peat years of the Cadets in the '80's?

Barbara Maroney....possibly the greatest soloist in Cadets' loooong history...but she wasn't a soloist in 85, having aged out in 84.

Do a search for her name....plenty of glowing (and WELL deserved) praise for her work.

So....who was the big guy soloing on sop in 84-85 Madison...the one with a BIG drop of sweat coming off his ears during the end of the 85 show?

I understand he was mister nails....never missing. I know he was part of the sop duet at the end of "Waltz of the Mushroom Hunters" with Sean Owens in 84.

Barbara Maroney....possibly the greatest soloist in Cadets' loooong history...but she wasn't a soloist in 85, having aged out in 84.

Do a search for her name....plenty of glowing (and WELL deserved) praise for her work.

All with one hand! Impressive to say the least. :music: