The official "Who is that soloist?" topic?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim is such a great guy. That guy can really play. He didn't march in 95 but was on staff at Vanguard and then went back to play lead sop in 96. He's been on staff at Vanguard since then during the 04 and 05 seasons. A very cool guy with a great approach to teaching in my opinion.

Taught Magic '03 as well, by the way; trumpet tech for most of the season.

This Jim guy was never on staff in 95. But if he was, he would have been around for 3 of the worst scv hornlines to date.

Jerry

'95, '04, and '05 = 3 of the worst SCV hornlines to date? Umm..... :worthy:

(even though that's hardly the case, their final product wouldn't have been the result of his teachings anyway, considering he wasn't a brass caption head or anything; don't blame him for that....)

not sure.

LOL

CHEZ

:worthy:

Hey Al, do you think Paul would ever

let you play a G Sop on the show?

That would be great!

I have a question:

I know we all love those tasty licks and screamin' high notes, but has anyone actually played anything that was technically crazy, lets say with lots of Double and Triple Tounging and great jumps in intervals?

Also, what would you say then is the most technical drum corps solo out there and by whom?

Just curious to see what you guys can come up with.

Thanks. B)

I have a question:

I know we all love those tasty licks and screamin' high notes, but has anyone actually played anything that was technically crazy, lets say with lots of Double and Triple Tounging and great jumps in intervals?

Also, what would you say then is the most technical drum corps solo out there and by whom?

Just curious to see what you guys can come up with.

Thanks. B)

DREW ROSS -crossmen , fire dance. 2001.

Anyone know what happened to the Bridgemen sop soloist in 1977, Jim Brady(I'm pretty sure that's his name)?

Till this day, I get the chills hearing him on Pagliachi (I mangled that spelling I'm sure) and Land of Make Believe?

Did he go pro cause man this guy could play and he had Maynard's range.

My husband so agrees with you, he thinks this guy is one of the best soloists of all time in drum corps. He is great! I think I asked John (from Bridgemen) and I don't think he is playing right now, maybe John will see this and chime in! :)

When I heard this guy my jaw dropped especially what he did with the horn he had to play with..right? :)

Edited by Lancerlady