27th Lancers Alumni Corps

I just watched what I have only heard about, the legendary 27th Lancers Alumni Corps performance at DCI in 1994. It made a tear come to my eye watching them with pride. I'm in total awe.

You can watch it here on this link on...

www.xkingsmen.com

It's in the media section, the bottom clip.

Mom

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...really? You can also watch it at Steve Groh's website

27th Lancers 1994

Hmm...really? You can also watch it at Steve Groh's website

27th Lancers 1994

VERRY COOL!!

I have it on VHS (thanks Don) and have sent Steve's link to everyone I grew up with back home in Mass.....

Tony B)

158MB!?!?!

Download time for "wmv" file = less than 15 minutes.

Conversion to "VOB" for DVD by "Nero" = about 45 minutes.

Burn to "DVD" to watch on big screen TV = about 10 minutes.

Cable modem? = "Priceless"

158MB!?!?!

Thanks folks.

158Mb? I just checked the file sizes again and it only comes out to 87Mb for me.

I ought to know...I put it there.

The file on xKingsmen (a cool site I might add!) could be an older one that I had some streaming problems with. I remember doing some work on that file and compressing it a little further for better streaming performance on beanman.net. If you have the patience for the download, I am sure the one from xKingsmen does look a bit better.

I am looking around for the video file of the1971 VFW performance that Keith Wilbur sent me but it has slipped into the black hole on my desk. Still looking.

I am open to suggestions for anything else people would like to see on my site.

Edited by drmr27

I just watched what I have only heard about, the legendary 27th Lancers Alumni Corps performance at DCI in 1994. It made a tear come to my eye watching them with pride. I'm in total awe.

You can watch it here on this link on...

www.xkingsmen.com

It's in the media section, the bottom clip.

Mom

Just a tip to help 27th, right click, save as target to your computer. This will help them avoid paying for extra bandwidth. :)

I'm utterly speechless - and my eyes are full of tears - what an incredibly beautiful tribute to a wonderful drum corps!

This should be mandatory viewing for all the younger drum corps members today!

Sure was an awful large buttload of snare drummers on that field that night!

And now I know even better WHY I adore LancerFi so much - your Danny Boy was my Auld Lang Syne - your bugle call was OUR bugle call - your love of drum corps was MY love of drum corps - the precision, the M&M, and the MUSIC that MOVED people!

Old School Drum Corps RULES - and especially the PEOPLE from that era that made today's drum corps possible - for the younger drum corps participants - NEVER forget your roots, and remember that you stand tall today because you stand on the shoulders of giants who came before you!