Georgia Dome Regional

Well, I attended my very first BOA Regional this weekend down in Atlanta. Wow, it's nice to see good marching bands for a change. I was concerned when I went because I LOATHED my last experience in a dome when I attended the DCI Regional in Indianapolis in 2004. However, I was very impressed with the GA Dome and how the sound didn't echo for days. Overall, I thought the venue was great for the marching activity and the sightlines were great even from the upper deck. Next year's DCI regional should be very well attended and become a yearly stop for DCI. I think I'll attend next year based on my "trial run" this weekend.

Anyone else have any thoughts about the various domes that we must endure?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, if I dont make Crown, I am going to the Atlanta Regional.

Glad to hear it is a decent venue, and ecspecially since it would be my first live, major DCI event.

~>conner

Georgia Dome would be a GREAT regional venue for DCI. ... Would love to see them go there!!

Perhaps you missed the announcement... DCI will be in the GA dome next summer with a major regional on July 29.

I watched the Monday or Sunday night football game (can't remember which night it was on) a week or so ago. It looked like the dome has a club level....is that true?? Where were your seats?? Is the whole place seat backs or benches?? Curious minds need to know!!! :)

I have season tickets to the Falcons game, so hopefully I can answer questions some of you have.

- All the seats have seat backs, and are fairly comfortable, although you may want to bring a seat cushion on 7/29, long day!

- There is a club level, with maybe 25 rows

- The Dome is very accessible via MARTA, the public railway in the city

My Falcons tickets are in the upper deck in the corner, and it is still a good view of the field. The only thing that is tough to see is field goal kicks...which shouldn't be a problem with DCI, lol.

Wow, it's nice to see good marching bands for a change.

The Atlanta contest was actually a little down this year, especially for a Super Regional. Heh, come to Indy for a BOA contest, even the regional, and you'll see a great show.

As for domes, I've only really heard contests in Indy and St. Louis. Both seemed pretty comparable to me, but St. Louis might have been a little more spacious. The RCA Dome, after all, is currently the smallest stadium in the NFL. Indy will have a new stadium in time for the 2008 NFL season, though.

Edited by Maedhros

My Falcons tickets are in the upper deck in the corner, and it is still a good view of the field. The only thing that is tough to see is field goal kicks...which shouldn't be a problem with DCI, lol.

Unless the Cavaliers do a Chicago Bears section!! b**bs

yeah, if I dont make Crown, I am going to the Atlanta Regional.

Glad to hear it is a decent venue, and ecspecially since it would be my first live, major DCI event.

~>conner

My friend...if you dont make Carolina Crown...you should audition for another corps B)

That way you can experience a DCI live event EVERY NIGHT!!! :lolhit:

I hadn't heard about the Dome getting the DCI regional yet either. That will be great!!