Firefox Problem

Krista

So, I can't post messages on dcp with firefox.... it will NOT show images (post reply, new topic and all others)

Internet explorer is fine.... I have to use it to view dcp.

I have updated firefox w/all the current stuff, and have checked my settings options so that it should, in theory, have no problem viewing these images. (i have no problem with pictures that are linked via url from other sites, just those imbeded in a site)

Help please! Does anyone else have this problem? Or know how to fix it? It's driving me crazy.

:sos:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, never had a problem with Firefox.

Did you try clearing your cache and cookies (both on firefox and on DCP at the bottom of the main page?). I haven't had any problems recently with FF>

Are you running Service Pack 2 at least for XP? I had some issues before and hadn't updated until the University made me for virus protection purposes, and it solved all my image issues.

Clear all your cookies and your cache. Run the setup to firefox again. If necessary, uninstall and reinstall firefox.

Other than that, not much else I can suggest. I'm using firefox and it's working great! b**bs

I've haven't had any problems either

Clear all your cookies and your cache. Run the setup to firefox again. If necessary, uninstall and reinstall firefox.

Other than that, not much else I can suggest. I'm using firefox and it's working great! b**bs

cleared everything out, uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled.

still have the same problem. :(

I dunno what to do.

Smack Tristan!

Or make him fix it :P

So, I can't post messages on dcp with firefox.... it will NOT show images (post reply, new topic and all others)
Can you view such things on another board that uses this software? It is Invision Power Board. They have their own support forum. A search there for "Firefox" gives lots of hits, but none really look related. They do seem to have a lot of topics where the skin installed is a problem for Fox.

A couple other forums to use to test are:

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?act=idx

http://www.trekfansunited.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

A search on the Mozilla Forum provided 82 matches for "invision." The only thing close is someone who's problems were created by their Adblock stoping certain javascripts and another with extensions:

A couple of extensions (TBE, UAS) have been known to cause strange problems with Javascript. A few more suggestions
  • Have you tried clearing the browser cache?
  • If you restart Firefox in FIREFOX safe mode (not windows Safe Mode) does the problem persist?
  • If it does persist, if you open the profile manager and create a new profile, does the problem persist? (profile manager guide in FAQ sticky if this is new to you)