Thank You Mike Linton, Donny Allen and Crusaders

Thank you Mike Linton, Donny Allen and the fabulous people with the Rochester Crusaders! When I was a member and on staff you treated me and the rest of us like we were gold. Both Mike and Donny would listen. You are all the greatest! Thank you for all you did to make me continue to enjoy drum corps. My memories of my junior days and my memories with the Crusaders will stay with me forever.

Edited by KeithHall

Wow! Very nice to hear!

I was recently given some info that a particular corps laughed at my application for a position in their organization. I did it only to stay in the activity and help out a corps and the people I thought I admired. I offered suggestions a few months ago and never received a return phone call. In any case, on to a real drum corps organization...

Bitter,...........Party of one,.............your table is ready,..................

Thanks Keith,

I am surprised to hear those words. You were a good teammate, and a good instructor.

Donny

I know Keith, and I also know that he is not posting as "Bitter...party of one."

If he were, he would be telling all of us which corps snubbed him. Keith has been in this activity too long and been too successful to be treated that way.

If this "other corps" was not interested in his help, they could have shown him the respect to say that they had already decided upon a direction and a philosophy. Not every corps does things the same way, so not every suggestion is going to work within the system at hand.

Bottom line, this is a small community...we all know each other...and there is no reason to pee in someone else's Cheerios.

Keith, you are welcome to volunteer some time at any of the corps or marching bands I am currently involved with.

Edited by TealSoundBrass

Bitter? Yeah

However, my friends know why I said what I said and I think they understand. It was very disheartening to hear that friends were not so kind. Anyhow....

I go on!

I decided to say all of this because I needed to, that's all.

Thanks Keith,

I am surprised to hear those words. You were a good teammate, and a good instructor.

Donny

Working with you all was the best drum corps experience ever. I was thanking Cru and being bitter about something else.

I was thanking Cru and all you guys. The negative stuff was about something else...but you and I have chatted so you know.

Working with you all was the best drum corps experience ever. I was thanking Cru and being bitter about something else.

I was thanking Cru and all you guys. The negative stuff was about something else...but you and I have chatted so you know.

Keith, do me a favor and email me at my sig please! I need to play a holly jolly Xmas for you!!! Seroiusly! :laugh:

Thank you Mike Linton, Donny Allen and the fabulous people with the Rochester Crusaders!

I'd like to thank Mike Litton and Donny Allen as well. Marching with Cru was quite an interesting 3 years of my life. I consider myself fortunate to meet Mike/Laurie Litton. Mike let me live in their Cottage in Sodus Bay, NY. This cottage, in my book, is very close to paradise. The exciting part was that Donny Allen and I had access to Mr. Litton's Jet Ski's. (when the cat's away......mice will play) Donny lived there too. Living with D.A. was also an interesting experience. Imagine practicing everyday with your horn instructor within hearing distance. I have no regrets. I am a better horn player because of it. Thanks again D.A.

You are very welcome Nick...my friend!

Donny