Can a top rated band beat a....top......21 corps

I marched drumcorps, I however did not march a BOA calibre band, but the bands I saw at BOA...a few of them could beat the pants of some D1 corps.

No joke. They were that clean. I know it's hard for some to fathom, but corps are made up of kids too. Just my opinion.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like everyone, if they haven't, to watch Ronald Regan 2003. The show is called "Beyond Perimeters"

it's probably one of the overall cleanest shows (not just in marching band) and emotionally stimulating shows I have ever seen.

if you would like a link to the video, PM me.

That show could beat drum corps shows... It'd be my bet they would make semis, and place rather well.

~>conner

If you going to talk about the TOP 1% of all marching bands going toe-to-toe with Div I, I get to pick the top 1% of corps to match up. Hmmmmmmmm with only about 90 corps left, the top 1% would be #1, so I'll say the 2005 Cadets.........:)

I will personally fly and out and apologize to ANY band director in the country that can beat the Cadets head to head in a competition.........and do it publicly as well..........

You're right, no marching band could beat Cadets 2005. But you know what? No other drum corps could beat Cadets 2005, either. The question wasn't whether a top band could take out the top corps, but rather if a top band could take out a top 21 corps. I say yes, how about you?

You're right, no marching band could beat Cadets 2005. But you know what? No other drum corps could beat Cadets 2005, either. The question wasn't whether a top band could take out the top corps, but rather if a top band could take out a top 21 corps. I say yes, how about you?

Perhaps, but the problem still rests with the adjudication of it. If you use DCI scoring sheets, that's not fair. If you use BOA scoring sheets, not sure if it's fair either.

I would say MOST talent today fore corps comes from high school bands, and the best high school bands probably have a lot of the best DCI talent in them.

I'll go with 10-21 as a possibilty. I don't see ANY band beating someone like Scouts or Bluecoats or anyone on that level or above.

But, it Hoppy gets his way and gets saxophones and other woodwinds into DCI, you might as well start using the BOA scoring captions............of course you would lose 80% of the drum corps fan base.........but whatever............

:rock::wub::rock: