The Official DCP Drum Corps Show Ranking Topic

Quite a daunting task, I know, one that will take months. But this way, we'll have a definitive guide to what are the best drum corps shows of all time, including the best drum corps show of all time.

How does it work? Simply go to http://www.geocities.com/jordanekay/DrumCorpsRankings.xls, download the document, and open it in Excel. Then, rank every show that you have either seen live, seen on video/DVD or heard, out of a possible 10.0. (A score of 10.0 should go to your absolute favorite show; this does not mean that the show is "perfect.") Please do not rank any show you haven't seen.

When you're done, e-mail the completed document to jordanekay@gmail.com. Please only send the document once you've rated all the corps that you would like to, as you won't have another chance to go back and rank more.

When I receive enough documents (around 50 or so), I'll begin averaging the scores and calculating the official rankings.

Good luck!

Edited by Hrothgar15

the site is unavailable.

~>conner

Might you be able to come up with another word than "worst" in your criteria? I can imagine folks feeling hurt to read someone thinks the show they gave a year of their life to is the "worst." Perhaps "most favorable" on down, without referring to the ones on the bottom of the rankings as "worst." Just a thought.

you also have years in there for corps when they didnt field or exist...example, magic 00 and 01, Spirit 72-75, Southwind 98 etc

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

Then, rank every show that you have either seen live, seen on video/DVD or heard, out of a possible 10.0. (A score of 10.0 should go to your absolute favorite show; this does not mean that the show is "perfect.") Please do not rank any show you haven't seen.

Sorry, but IMHO, you can only judge a show honestly when you've seen it LIVE. Video or audio recordings simply aren't enough to evaluate a corps' performance...not even close.